“劳而无功,言必称西腊。。” 哈哈。。。

来源: zhoufang 2021-10-26 08:47:49 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (42182 bytes)

Pfizer CEO says company will produce 4 billion COVID-19 doses in 2022

·Senior Reporter

In this article:
  • -1.43%

• +0.45%

Global pressure on just a handful of companies producing COVID-19 vaccines was not the anticipated scenario for fall of 2021. But a series of unfortunate events — including the failure of some vaccine companies to create or up production and the surge of the Delta variant — have resulted what health equity advocates have long feared: unequal distribution of vaccines among rich and poor countries. 

Pfizer (PFE) CEO Albert Bourla told Yahoo Finance the company realized the need and more than doubled its projected output for 2021 as a result.

"We changed, dramatically, our strategy. We had invested to produce 1.3 billion doses for 2021, when we realized the situation, we put way more investments into the system and we were able to raise the volumes to 3 billion for this year, and 4 billion for next year," Bourla said.

The company is also working on a possible treatment for the novel coronavirus. "I keep my fingers crossed that the studies will be positive, and I hope we'll be able to know if the studies are positive before the end of the year," he said.

Pfizer was the first company to receive authorization as well as full approval for adults in the U.S. for its COVID-19 vaccine. It also has a booster dose authorized for certain segments of the population. This action has been criticized by some as doses that are being taken away from the poorer global populations.

The company, along with rival Moderna (MRNA), has come under increased pressure by global advocacy groups to produce and donate more doses to the world instead of focusing on boosters in rich countries.

The U.S. has promised more than 1 billion doses of COVID-19 vaccines globally, of which about 200 million have been shipped to-date. But experts say more doses are needed. 

所有跟帖: 

命中有股终须发,命中木有钱溜走 -zhoufang- 给 zhoufang 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 10/26/2021 postreply 08:49:25

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”