well said. We are not the best people to answer your question

来源: Happymouse 2018-02-20 12:46:40 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (2085 bytes)

because we do not know local market. I have left Toronto years ago, but when I lived there, land near lakes were quite expensive. 

I got on Landwatch.com to take a look, what I see is not favorable. I saw a listing 70 acres asking for $35000. This land is not worth to buy. You said that you do not have enough cash to buy a house, then certainly you do not have enough money to buy a good piece of land, even if you do, how much good land can you get? 

Ajax and Peterborough land value should have gone up long ago due to the amount of immigrants, should continue to go up if there is any available. Of course this is just an example. 

Giving you an example of a potentially good land, after selling our farm, we are looking into reinvesting somewhere, one of the options is another farm ranch, one peice property I am looking at has 142 acres with two houses on (these two houses are my way of paying mortgate or partial mortgage-good thing to have) asking for $1.2M, seller bought it 3 years ago for $750K, they did not do anything to the property, the return is about 50% in 3 years. Looking at what is going on where I live, everything is going up up up, I believe this property still has potential to go up higher, my projection is double in 3-5 years. 

Ok, what am I going to do with the land if I did buy it? Two options:

1. move in myself while raising cows for our own needs and sell some; a friend of mine has 130 acres, he has an electrical company with about 20 employees, he raises cows part time, he makes about $150K/year from selling cows without paying a penny income tax

2. rent it out to someone who raises livestock

3. rent the houses out to two tenants while selling hay 

What I am saying is that you need to know why you buy this land, and what the usages are, how you can use it to make money or defer the expenses while waiting for its value to go up 

Happy investing!

所有跟帖: 

思路清晰,知道为什么可以买农场。 -江西- 给 江西 发送悄悄话 江西 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 02/20/2018 postreply 12:52:42

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”