Chinese and Indians

来源: Smilee 2015-08-12 16:01:45 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2912 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ Smilee ] 在 2015-08-12 16:26:41 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

我有一个好朋友,她来自一个高级种姓。我认为她的一些角色可以解释为什么印度人会向前。

1)她只相信自己是最好的,世界上没有人比她和她的种姓好。她安排和结了婚的所有孩子都是在我们出生的孩子直接从印度人身上长大的。她女儿结婚并退出顶级大学时她只有19岁。

2)她非常好斗。有时她遇到麻烦,但大部分的时间,她得到了领先

3)她买了300万美元的房子。她担心自己的财政稳定,但她还是买了它。她认为她应该比别人更好,上帝会帮助她。

当你只相信你应该得到最好的,你会抓住一切,在你的范围之内。

虽然大多数的第一代中国人来自节俭的背景。生存和稳定更重要。我不能放弃一个科学的奖学金去追求一个商业学位,因为我不得不养活自己,并保持我的签证状态。我用我的钱买我的父母电视和冰箱。印度政府贷款学费的学生出国留学。

我相信我们的第二代会做得更好。作为第一代,我们还有希望。

I have a good Indians friend who came from a top Caste.  I think some of her characters might explain why Indians get ahead.

1. She simply believes she is the best, and no one in the world is better than her and her Caste.  She arranged and married ALL her children who were born and raised in US to someone directly from India.   Her daughter married and quit a top college when she was only 19 yrs old.
  2. She is very aggressive.  Sometime she got into trouble, but most of time she got ahead
  3. She bought a $3M house.  She worried about her financial stability, but she bought it anyway.  She thinks she deserves better than other people, and her god will help her.

When you simply believe you deserve the best, you will seize everything within your reach.

Most first generation Chinese came from a frugal background.Survival and stability are more important.I could not give up a scholarship in science to go pursue a business degree, as I had to feed myself and maintain my visa status.I used the money I saved from my scholarship to buy my parents TV and refrigerator.Indian government loans tuitions to students who study abroad.

I have firm believes that our second generation would do much better.As first generation, we still have hopes.

所有跟帖: 

你的英文比中文好 -youzhuang- 给 youzhuang 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 08/12/2015 postreply 16:14:47

哈哈 -甜酸苦辣麻- 给 甜酸苦辣麻 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 08/12/2015 postreply 17:55:52

Come(s) should have been used when talking about family/birth ba -网恋无罪- 给 网恋无罪 发送悄悄话 网恋无罪 的博客首页 (75 bytes) () 08/12/2015 postreply 16:20:51

same as IS or ARE :) -网恋无罪- 给 网恋无罪 发送悄悄话 网恋无罪 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 08/12/2015 postreply 16:21:51

你的中文怎这么拗口呢? -飞*星- 给 飞*星 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 08/12/2015 postreply 21:00:03

Sorry I used Translator (too slow in typing) -Smilee- 给 Smilee 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 08/13/2015 postreply 06:36:00

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”