Definitely delay your son for a year

来源: Dragon-Daddy 2012-01-18 12:42:29 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (1169 bytes)

especially he is so smart with math. Most likely, his social skills may not be as advanced as his math skills. But as you might agree, social skills are more important in life at every stage. In elementary school, good social skills (maturity) might mean that your son won't be the target of bullying (a big topic in past few days here).

Plus, he has a long life before him, what is the hurry of rushing to school a year earlier? Who would care if he is 22 or 21 when he graduates from college? Right?

I never understand why so many of my Chinese friends here rush their kids to school, and keep pushing the school to let their kids jump grades, at the expense of much needed natural developmental growth of children. And very importantly, we as parents need to provide the chance for our children to enjoy "childhood", playing in the mud, doing something silly or funny or even stupid......

If I may, I suggest your son join a hockey team. Hockey is the best sports for "mental strength building" in my opinion. It has worked wonders for my son. Both his physical and mental strength have increased dramatically.

所有跟帖: 

晚上学对IQ不高的孩子合适.对LZ的孩子很可能不合适.测IQ再决定. -MMXIAO- 给 MMXIAO 发送悄悄话 MMXIAO 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/18/2012 postreply 12:46:37

得到的帖帮助太大了。我知道了JHU, DAVIDSON, HOCKEY IS GOOD FOR HIM, 要不我什么都不知道,每 -shinesation- 给 shinesation 发送悄悄话 shinesation 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/18/2012 postreply 12:52:57

Never realize hockey can be helpful. learn a lot,thanks. -shinesation- 给 shinesation 发送悄悄话 shinesation 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/18/2012 postreply 12:54:45

Hockey is a dangerous sports compare to others, -sqgs- 给 sqgs 发送悄悄话 (140 bytes) () 01/19/2012 postreply 13:10:01

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”