insurance is not a source of income.

来源: texastrader 2011-12-22 12:48:48 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (1919 bytes)

I don't think any insurance can solve your problem.

There is no enough information to provide you any solution. But based on what you have said, your hu*****and is main source of income, and you were afraid what to do if lose this income.

First of all, what income do you make now? How much additional (Social security) income you can get if your hu*****and dies? How much would be your annual expense then? What is the difference?

Based on the answer from the above questions, consider your future expense such as your kid's education cost, your retirement needs, and your current savings, you know how much money you are short. That is what you need from a term life.

However, you shall not stop from there. Since the term life for your hu*****and is also pretty expensive. You really should consider if you can afford it. Sure you can afford it now, but what if your hu*****and is no longer able to work, while not dead?

You must calculate how much money you need if your hu*****and lose his job, or lose his ability to work, and what you shall do in that case. That is really the hard part. The insurance agent who tried to squeeze all your money into his insurance plan, is setting a big trap for you because your hu*****and is already 60. Do you expect him to continue making good money until he is 80? What if your hu*****and lose ability to work at age of 70? You would not only have to find income to support your family, but also have to find $700 per month to pay for both insurance.

In my opinion, term life is usually for people in 30's to 50. Normally main bread earner shall be insured until he is retired and kids are indenpendent. Your case is very special because your hu*****and is close to retirement and your kid is still way too young. You need a comprehensive financial planning. Insurance is only part of financial planning.

所有跟帖: 

Thank you for your recommend . I know I have a special case.I wi -牛妞妈- 给 牛妞妈 发送悄悄话 牛妞妈 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 12/22/2011 postreply 12:54:56

you should go to school instead buying something -wsn2- 给 wsn2 发送悄悄话 (41 bytes) () 12/22/2011 postreply 14:39:22

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”