buy a $1m property with $0 down and earn $30k/yr net at the same

来源: Cupertino枇杷 2011-04-28 10:26:21 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1807 bytes)
A catching headline first - how to buy a $1m property with $0 down and earn $30k/yr net at the same time?! Seriously!

This is a long, serious question on designing rent to buy with me on the buyer side for investment. Hope you can help.

Assumptions first.
- I'm in California where we have a unique proposition 13. Basically property tax can only increase by 2% a year. Tax rate is 1.25%.
- I am going to buy a rental property which the current owner pays property tax at $500k assessed value while the property has market value at $1m.
- the current owner has fully paid off and he is at his early 70s. He wants to get stable monthly income more than what he can get from current rent, has no energy to manage the property, no cash to repair, yet concerns about low CD rates, tax, and inflation. He does not want to sell the property immediately.
- the property today has a below market rent at $40k a year. It lacks needed services. The same property next door rents for $100k a year.

My objectives:
- take advantage of the delta in property tax (if I buy it today, I will have to pay property tax with basis at $1m)
- take advantage of the $60k rent differences (he is too old and has no energy on rental)
- take advantage of deferred taxes (buy 10 years later)
- take advantage of his low income tax rate (he has no other sizable income source)

The question:
Could you suggest a simple (to be understood by a 70+ years old owner) scheme that is win-win to both parties?

As a starting point, I am considering rent-to-buy, paying him $70k a year for 10 years with inflation adjustment, then buy out at $500k (all numbers are placeholders).

I believe this is a quite representative case, with me on the other side of the table many years later. Appreciate all your input.

所有跟帖: 

seriously, u need to pay someone to get a $1M advice -dfw- 给 dfw 发送悄悄话 dfw 的博客首页 (62 bytes) () 04/28/2011 postreply 13:03:57

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”