参观大学 my $0.02

来源: Big_Benz 2010-01-18 10:06:29 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1529 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ Big_Benz ] 在 2010-01-18 17:32:11 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
First of all, 参观大学 with your child is one of the most enjoyable things in life. If you have the capability, you should do as many tours as possible.

For those of us who have only limited budget. You may wonder why visit a school before you are admitted. Well, there are at least two reasons.

1)Some schools are "show me love" schools. They will treat those visited differently than those who didn't. Wash U is a well known example. On the other hand, most of top school really do not care if you visited or not. I think P does not even keep an record of daily tours.

2)Most of the schools will request a "why xxxxx" essay on top of the common app essay. A visit on campus COULD help the child to write something if they have seen it with their own eyes.

Just be aware that some schools require a reservation for school tour and not all the school offer free overnight to every visitor. They typically only do overnight for admitted students or some special students they really really want.

On most of the tours, they will only show you the good part of the school. Few will show you the inside of any dorm.

So, if you have some budget and your children are interested in some of those "show me love" schools, go visit. Otherwise, do the admitted student days will have more value. Again, some schools will offer free airfares etc to get their top admitted students to stay a couple of days. The student gets a lot more attention during those visits.

所有跟帖: 

申请滑西油的最好去访问学校以示忠诚. -dztl- 给 dztl 发送悄悄话 dztl 的博客首页 (52 bytes) () 01/18/2010 postreply 10:40:49

如果孩子人缘好,宿舍过夜,食堂吃饭,听课...根本不是问题. -盐汽水- 给 盐汽水 发送悄悄话 盐汽水 的博客首页 (223 bytes) () 01/18/2010 postreply 10:45:48

不是有个越南女孩在S混了大半年的? -gingertea- 给 gingertea 发送悄悄话 gingertea 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/18/2010 postreply 10:57:19

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”