depends on the amount of your claim, there are actually 3 parts.

来源: jy101 2010-10-15 08:31:46 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (1117 bytes)

if you have a replacment value policy, depends on the amount of your claim, there are actually 3 parts...

I don't remember what the cut off amount is, may differ from company to company, if you have a small claim, they just pay the whole replace value, then wait till you finish then pay your lost rent.

but if you have a large claim, they only pay the actual cash value of the claim first, meaning replacement value less depreciation, after you complete, then they pay you back the depreciation, plus lost rent.

also, insurance company has a choice of using their own contractor instead of paying you, but if they already cut you a check, that case is closed.

you can still ask for some lost rent, usually they pay 6 month as for standard claims, talk to the adjustor, see if they willing to pay 3 month?

I ususally don't file any claim that is under 3k, because they will raise premium on the policy, I have a single policy covers everything, so it is not worth it.

haha, hope it help.

所有跟帖: 

Appreciate it. -sunskitehomes- 给 sunskitehomes 发送悄悄话 sunskitehomes 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/15/2010 postreply 08:33:25

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”