followup on the water flooding

来源: joetheplumber 2010-09-20 18:13:45 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1107 bytes)
called several water damage restoration companies in the early morning
and one company did come to the site. The guy said that the water got into
the wall and the damaged wall has to be removed.His estimate is around 3k for two days work, but two days may not be enough. But they don't give any warranty for their work.

Insurance won't help at this case. First of all I have to pay the 1%deductible. The major concern is, the insurance company has to send the inspector to the site and then get contractor work on it, this may takes two to three days, who knows

So i decided to take half day off and get to the property, with my handyman we pulled out the carpet and pad and used the rented carpet blower to blow it. Then used bleach and Pine Sol to treat the floor and the trim board.

I did offer the tenant two hundred's discount in next month rent and offer
her family to stay in hotel while the work is going on.

Even though I think the cost should be much less than getting the service of the water damage company.

Any suggestion or comments? 请高手支招。

所有跟帖: 

Water damage on the drywall too? -柳眉儿- 给 柳眉儿 发送悄悄话 柳眉儿 的博客首页 (179 bytes) () 09/20/2010 postreply 18:23:54

were there standing water in the room? -jy101- 给 jy101 发送悄悄话 jy101 的博客首页 (30 bytes) () 09/20/2010 postreply 19:06:36

who should pay for the damage? water flooding -黎明新生- 给 黎明新生 发送悄悄话 (189 bytes) () 09/20/2010 postreply 19:16:55

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”