Recommend a street smart make up reviews web site

来源: 爱厨也爱苗条 2010-03-11 08:13:02 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (7619 bytes)
About half a year ago, I heard from my friend about Retin-A, when they said this medicine will cause skin exfoliation, I was scared away from it. I told myself my skin is OK and I don’t need anything to hurt my skin. Several of my friends have used this for years, including their 15 years old draughts. Several friends did quit after a couple of month trying. They also told me, “well, your skin is good, why give your skin so touch and powerful stuff. “
But as you know, women always endlessly look for better skin care products, especially anti-wrinkle products though I don’t have obvious wrinkle yet. I searched lots of news related to Retin A. I begin to know Dr. Leslie Baumann and her book “The skin type Solution” and the article
6 Great Reasons to Use a Retinoid,

I further searched the review from www.makeupalley.com
I almost read all over 200 reviews, the average rating is 4.3 of 5.
I still didn’t decide to put this on my face since I don’t have acne at all, all I need from this product is anti-wrinkle. Meanwhile, my son tried this since he has severe acne. To my surprise, the first time he used it, the biggest acne is dried and the breakout is not that bad for him. I know everyone’s skin is different, my skin is very sensitive. So I decided to choose a coin size of my forehead to test. (I think it is always good practice whenever you try anything new on your face.) I tried in this way: after wash the face, do my routine skin care, after 30 mins, put very tiny amount on the coin size of my forehead. After several times try, I still hesitate to put it on all my face. Then I visited a derm and asked him about retin a. He actually agreed on to use it for anti-wrinkle purpose. He gave me “renova” sample, which is less breakout than retin a. I also asked him if his wife use it. (I was thinking if a derm’s wife use it, it should not be wrong  ) He said most women in his clinic use retin-A for anti-wrinke as long as the skin can handle it. I also have my milia removed by the Derm although he told me that retin-A can remove milia but may take a couple of month.

After visit Derm and all my homework, I feel a little bit safe about tretinoin (the main ingredient in retin-A with tretinoin 0.01% or higher)

Now I still only use it on my milia spot and sun spots. I have tried for several weeks. I did see the milia is smaller. But I haven’t see any lighter of the sun spot yet.

Here is the review from makeupalley (notes: there are also negative reviews since everyone is different.)
I've suffered from acne ever since I was a teenager. So I've tried it ALL...benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, every odd treatment out there. Retin A cream was the first and only treatment that REALLY worked/works for me. I've been using it for years. I tried to quit a few months ago and got the most horrible breakout within a month. So I got some more Retin A and I'm all cleared up.
Retin A even clears up the red spots you get from acne. My skin looks beautifully clear and glowing. I get complements on my skin all the time, how clear it is, how wrinkle free, how naturally glowing, even without makeup.
Furthermore, Retin A cleared up the melasma that I was getting above my lips.
Yes, it is drying, so I have to use a good, fragrance free sensitive skin moisturizer. I also use a mild exfoliator 2 - 3 times a week for the flaking. This removes the old, dead skin as Retin A forces cellular turnover. And, sun block is a must, not optional, when using Retin A.
But, for the beautiful clear skin this medication gives you, all minor issues are negligible.
I did like the older container though, with the lid that measured the amount to apply for you. But I don't get that with the generic med. Price you pay for paying half price. The easy measure lid made sure that you didn't use too much, as just a little does the whole face. Like a pea size amount. Any more over-dries and doesn't increase the effectiveness of the medication.
You also have to realize that this isn't an instant fix. It takes about a month to 2 months when you first start using this to get full effect. And you do get a little purging in the meantime. But once the skin clears, it makes the wait well worthwhile.

Sine I still have concern on tretinoin products, as routin, I have used Neutrogena
Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream and Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish Clear Skin Cream
which has retinal (10 times less sensitive as tretinoin or retinoid, 前者是VA脂,后者是VA酸,刺激性大) I feel my skin is firm.

Review from makeupalley
Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue
I am on my second tube of this product which I use around my orbital eye area at night to diminish fine lines. I apply it gently and with a minimal amount; too much and I get clogged pores or whiteheads. This product is very gentle and I can use it nightly (had to work up to that frequency). My skin does not agree very well with retinols (gets scaley) so I am glad that this product is mild. It does work but it's not for deep wrinkles. I put Nivea over it once it's sunk in, and the combination works well for my skin.
Definite re-purchase unless the formula changes for the worse.
Review for Renova:
Renova is great; My skin looks fantastic and I'll never be without the stuff again. However,
***DO NOT*** ORDER FROM MEDSMEX.COM!!!! I just had to shut down my credit card account due to fraudulent activity made right after I purchased my Renova from them (which happened to be 2am my time). I had ordered from them one two prior occasions without issue, so I was definitely caught by surprise. Most of the charges were in insignificant amounts made to venues with Spanish names, but one for an "AsiaAir" or something was made for around one-hundred dollars. I read here that some people have had issues with them, but it wasn't until I started looking around on other boards that I realized that they have a history of problems. When I wrote them and complained they replied with a very nice letter insisting that they have been in business for eleven years and that their website it secure. However, that doesn't appear to be the case; other boards list a pattern where people will order from them and then find bogus charges made to international dating sites including Match.com. Luckily my bank was understanding and alerted me, but now I'm at a loss as to where to order my

Anyway, I don’t recommend Retin-A for you since everyone is different. But at least you can try retinal products like Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream

I will definitely go to this web site to search the reviews if I will try anything new.

I also read something about how to use retin-a to let your skin use to it:

逐步过渡疗法,由baumann医生提出.
1-2周,每三天使用一次A酸,先使用滋润产品,再上A酸.
3-4周,隔天使用A酸,先使用滋润产品,再上A酸.
5-6周,隔天使用A酸,先使用A酸后再用滋润产品.
7周以后,每天使用A酸,除非有必要,否则后面不用滋润产品.
另外一个叫SCT,short contact therapy,三分钟接触疗法,由bershad医生提出.
第二种方法可以结合baumann的1-2周三天一次,3-6周隔天一次,7周后每天使用的频率来做.
http://bbs.onlylady.com/1stonly.php?tid=277900&authorid=418067
请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”