黑人解释:黑人牧师Joseph Lowery在总统就职典礼上祈祷祝福中的Colorized remark

来源: baiwen 2009-01-21 13:06:55 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1195 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ baiwen ] 在 2011-03-26 17:17:23 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

原句如下:"Lord, in the memory of all the saints who from their labors rest, and in the joy of a new beginning, we ask you to help us work for that day when black will not be asked to get in back, when brown can stick around, when yellow will be mellow, when the red man can get ahead, man; and when white will embrace what is right. That all those who do justice and love mercy say Amen. Say Amen."

=================

I just heard on my local radio that a lot of people, especially Asian americans called the program that they are offended by the remark. A black man called later(he sounds old, at least 50 and older) and explained that Rev. Lowery's remark was borrowed from a song lyric in 1960s. He cited the lyric and the name of the song and said it was cynical song, hinting different color of black men get different treatment on bus. He said from his knowledge of black history and culture that these "colorized" remark got nothing to do with other races but black. Program host asked him what it means by " yellow will be mellow", he said it has no negative but positive meaning, meaning you as light-skin black is much more receptible to white society.

所有跟帖: 

Nevertheless, I still feel the remark in that occasion is not ap -baiwen- 给 baiwen 发送悄悄话 baiwen 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/21/2009 postreply 13:09:39

so all black, brown, yellow, red = black except white? -thrawn- 给 thrawn 发送悄悄话 thrawn 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/21/2009 postreply 15:43:36

Yes. it is cynical name calling among themselves and got -baiwen- 给 baiwen 发送悄悄话 baiwen 的博客首页 (70 bytes) () 01/21/2009 postreply 16:03:48

嗯!我看不是这样讲,应该说是旧瓶装了新酒.被赋于新意义... -东西北南- 给 东西北南 发送悄悄话 (129 bytes) () 01/21/2009 postreply 22:19:57

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”