Some experience with the split boot.

来源: QYZ 2009-10-14 08:03:33 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (1326 bytes)
If I were you, I would not use the split boot. Here are the reasons:
1.if you have a cracked the boot, more likely some dirt or sand find its way into the joint. You need to get rid of it before you pack the joint with greease. Otherwise you only stop the new dirt getting in, but anything already in there will keep damaging the joint. It is almost impossible to clean the joint completely without taking the axle off the car.
2. to seal the slit boot, you need to use glue to glue the openning together. To successfully do that, you need to make sure the glue surface is absolutely clean and grease free before you apply the glue. Imagine that before you put that split boot with a clean glue surface on to the joint which is packed with new grease, it is almost impossible to prevent the slit oppenning from touching the grease.
I would recommend to remove the axle from the car, wash the joint thoroughly, pack it with new grease, and put on a new boot. As indicated by 润涛阎, the most difficult part is to take the axle off the car. Once it is out of the car, it is relatively easy to do the rest. That is reason why garage usually is not willing to repack the joint. Instead, they like to replace the axle with a new one because they can make more money on the same labor plus the extra charge on the part.
请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”