Hotdog's Job Hunting Story (3)

回答: Hotdog's Job Hunting Story (1)Decker2004-10-19 05:56:02

My Job Hunting Story (3)

-- by Hotdog ®2004 copyright

6. Job Hunting Again

No other choices – to die or to land a job. It was July 2002; the job market was still bad. I had one year before my EAD card expired. This job-hunting after the laid-off was different from the on-campus one. I had to use media such as monster.com, because I was no more a student of the university. Between July and November 2002 before I finally settled down in a job I liked, I worked in three companies and never wasted a single day. I feel that I almost became a master of interviews. I posted my resumes on all the possible on-line job searching websites, monitor my “hit” counts, and renew my resumes every day. If nobody hit my resume, that means I had to revise them. By the way, I gave myself two English names for two different types of jobs. If the headhunter called me A, I knew it was IT job; if they called me B, I knew it was a finance or combination job. There are some interesting stories.

For my entire life, I have been pursing the dreams not belonging to myself, such as good scores, good colleague, hot majors, and decent jobs. My goal was very clear during the job hunting - to get a good job, develop my career, and advance within the organization. You know, when you are in school, everything seems simple and every goal seems clear, because you never really understand the real world.

Only until I started working did I realize that climbing the corporate ladder is not something fun and exciting. I feel lost because I did not know where is the future. During the past two years, in addition to dealing with my work, I spent almost every day thinking what's the purpose and where is my goal. My efforts paid off. I think I find what I am really interested in and have a strong passion for. It is hard to get there, because it has been so far away from what I used to do and what I am good at. With my goal in my mind, I changed my attitude toward word. I know I will not end up working here my whole life; I know in stead of fear, I should take the opportunities here to work on my weakness such as writing and communication, and furthermore, sales and marketing, and turn these weakness into strength.

It might not be a good time to share my goal. But I want to say that from my experiences, only with the end goal in your mind, you will live an effective life. The goal searching process is hard, partly because of our background in China. Most of us are not used to thinking differently than others.

所有跟帖: 

Hotdog's Job Hunting Story (4) -Decker- 给 Decker 发送悄悄话 (6922 bytes) () 10/19/2004 postreply 06:18:50

Hotdog -Decker- 给 Decker 发送悄悄话 (221 bytes) () 10/19/2004 postreply 06:24:39

回复:Hotdog -小脚板- 给 小脚板 发送悄悄话 (142 bytes) () 10/22/2004 postreply 21:08:15

HotDog, The two lessones you -happysmile- 给 happysmile 发送悄悄话 (238 bytes) () 10/20/2004 postreply 18:50:26

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!