LD帮女儿写作业,写了一首打油诗。看来我以后在老师的印象里,

来源: 2024-02-08 10:04:47 [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读:

有被歪曲了好几层。

女儿最近很喜欢老师的课堂讨论关于Allen Poe的 The Tell Tale Heart。说是大师所有故事集里写的最好的一篇。

然后她的老师就布置写一篇类似 Tell Tale的诗歌。

女儿怎么动笔都写不出来那个韵味。然后LD就拿我作为题材,看得我火冒三丈,女儿要是照抄,那我在她老师心中的形象岂不是又继续直落三丈?

The Tell Tale Tiger Mom

As I look upon the words and feel the beating of the heart "boom - boom" I am struck with fear!  For I know that sound, I know that telltale call, but for me, it's the call of a tiger mom shouting "what is your score? what is your score?" or the deepy fearful sounds of "why did you not do your chores? chores? chores!".  Or the dreaded early morning call on the edge of slumber "Sophia? Sophia! SOPHIA!".  My classmates just can not understand what it's like listening to the telltale call of expectations beyond mortal reason.  I am cursed to bear the history of my forefathers, and worse, my foremothers, an unbroken line of hard labor and straight A's.  My telltale is a call of woe "where are your grades, where are my A's, there are winners and there are B students, which are you? which are you!"  My only escape is jumping through a pinhole, this pinhole is acceptance to Harvard, Yale, or in the worse case Rice university, but deep down I know the telltale call of "Scores, Chores, A's" will follow me until I unburden myself onto my daughter with the history of their foremothers.