餐桌上的聊天。

来源: 2017-09-27 17:03:10 [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读:

餐桌上的聊天。

Few minutes ago, at the dinner table, my wife asked my daughter in high school.

“Meng Meng, how do you feel that NFL players kneel down?”

Meng Meng said, “That’s fine. It is their right.”

No Worry said, “I agree with you that is their right.  But I will not do as they do if I am treated unfairly. I love my country and I love my flag. America is my country. I will stand up and solute American flag.  Bye the way, Meng Meng, do you think that America is the best country in the world?”

Meng Meng said, “I do not think so. Some countries are better than America.”

Mommy, “Which country is better than America?”

Men Meng, “I do not know. “

Then No Worry asked her friend who also had dinner with us,” Kathy, do you think that America is the best country?”  Kathy’s parents are from South Korea.

Kathy said, “I do not think so. Some countries are better than America. Maybe…”

No Worry, “Maybe what?  Normally people come to America because their countries are not as good as America.  I came to America because China is not good as America.  America is not perfect, but America is the best.  That is why people from all over the world love to come to America. “

Kathy said, “thank you. Mr. Wang.”

No Worry said, “thank you.” Then NoWorry asked Linda who is Jewish, “Linda, how do you think?”

Linda said. “I kind of feel Meng Meng and Kathy are right.  But you make sense, too.”

My wife said,” Well, girls.  America is really and truly the best country in the world.  We are blessed to be Americans.  I will too stand up and solute America flag.  By the way, how do you like the dinner?  Good?”

Kathy and Linda said, “very nice, Mrs. Wang.”

By the way, No Worry and my wife often share with my daughter and her friends in high school. Meng Meng has many friends.  I and my wife can talk pretty much any topic.  We drive them to school, to shopping, to movies, to parties, to sleepover, and to vocations. No Worry and my wife are already their friends, very close to them.