给孩子老师写了一封信

来源: 2011-10-26 20:36:45 [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读:

大儿子上小学四年级,今天回来说课间同学听说他不信上帝,都说他应该信,他一个人辩不过他们。我给老师写了封信让他明天带去。儿子觉得信写得不错,但老公说看不出有什么必要写这样一个东西。想问问大家,你们会怎么处理这事儿?先谢谢了。信如下:

Dear Mrs. XX,

XXX told me that the class had a debate on religious belief during the break today.  I was amazed that the boys and girls, at this young age, had developed an interest and opinion on this topic.  Good for them to have had a peaceful discussion on it !  XXX told me that almost the whole class said that he should believe in God.  He came home fine, for which I felt happy for him.

Although I am pretty open to the belief that he may or may not have when he’s grown up, I hope he will be able to find it out through his own explorations, under no pressure.  And I hope he will not lose, due to difference in belief, friendship of or respect from his classmates that he cherishes so much.

Is there a way that you could have an open discussion about this in class, and help the children understand it’s good for people to be open-minded, and accept that others can have different beliefs?

I would be curious about the discussion you may have.  And thank you in advance for helping XXX have peace in his mind.  Please let me know if I can be of any help.

Sincerely,