【一句话翻译】Portland teacher found Boeing door plug in backyard

来源: 2024-01-26 07:30:35 [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读:

【汉译英 Chinese to English】

发现了那架波音 737 Max 9 在飞行中掉落的门塞的波特兰科学老师Bob Sauer认为他后院的树木可能帮助保存了证据,“树木像安全气囊一样阻止坠落,所以它没有猛烈撞击地面。”

Bob Sauer, the Portland science teacher who found the door plug that fell off a Boeing 737 Max 9 while in flight thinks the trees in his backyard may have helped preserve evidence, “The trees broke the fall like an airbag would, so it didn't hit the ground very hard.”

Notes: (Oregon Public Broadcasting)

(1) Sauer heard about the incident Friday. But didn't check his garden until Sunday, after a friend told him a cell phone from the flight had been found on a nearby street.

(2) “I think it's pretty likely that it would have come at least through the roof. Or made a big dent in my car,” Sauer said. “So I'm really glad it landed where it did.”

(3) After finding the door, Sauer called the National Transportation Safety Board. Sauer burst into the news Sunday evening, when NTSB chair Jennifer Homendy told reporters the door plug had been found by “Bob,” a Portland teacher. Sauer said it was enough information that he almost immediately began getting emails from as far afield as Australia.

(4) By the time he got to school Monday morning, everyone had questions. "I've been mobbed by colleagues and students since I got here,” he laughed. He said he spent the first 15 minutes of his class talking about it, “but students were more interested in the event than the science surrounding it.”

(5) He was intrigued to see the door plug's serial number and other manufacturing details apparently handwritten on the door in permanent marker. "That's an interesting way of doing inventory control,” he said.