【一句话翻译练习】雪

来源: 2022-01-28 04:49:01 [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读:

Good morning everyone,

Happy Friday!

I was standing beside a big window, looking outside. The heavy snow fall a few days ago left piles of snow collecting along the sidewalk and driveway.  The green lawn dispeared under a thick layer of snow. An idea  came into my mind. Let's have a snow day to so some translation exercise releated to snow.

请将以下句子中译英:

地上的积雪在脚下吱吱作响。

[心存善念]: Snow makes squeaky sound under my feet.
[ibelieu]: The snow on the ground squeaks a complaint as one steps onto it.
[CLary]:   Stepping on the snow gives sound of squeaking
[妖妖灵]:   The piling snow on the ground sings a song under the feet.
[移花接木]: The snow is squeaky when walking on the ground.

Please translate the below into Chinese

The wonderful purity of nature at this season is a most pleasing fact. Every decayed stump and moss-grown stone and rail, and the dead leaves of autumn, are concealed by a clean napkin of snow.

[心存善念]: 冬季,这才是世界应有的模样啊!天地银白,悦目清心。往日那长满青苔的石头和铁轨,连并道旁半腐的树木残根,这时也都消失得无影无踪了。
[ibelieu]: 大自然在这个季节所展现的纯洁无暇令人心醉不已。无论颓树陋石锈铁还是秋日留下的残枝败叶,统统被一张白雪铺就的大席掩盖无遗。
[CLary]:   这个季节里大自然完美的纯净是最令人欣喜的。干枯的树桩和长满苔藓的石头以及铁轨,秋天的败叶都被这张巨大而洁净的雪被覆盖了。
[妖妖灵]:   这个季节的大自然的纯净是最让人心旷神怡的。腐烂的树桩,长着青苔的石头石径,还有枯树叶,都被如面巾的白雪覆盖
[移花接木]: 这个季节里自然的纯净度是最令人喜欢的因素。 每一块朽木,盖满苔藓的石头与轨道,以及秋天的落叶 都被干净的雪纸巾覆盖。

Idiom:  (explain its meaning and give an example)

To Snow One Under With Something

Example: I am tired, but Tom keeps snowing me under with all this work that he doesn’t want to do.

[心存善念]: Some work-from-home parents are really snowed under by dealing with their own work and helping kids with their remote learning in the same time.
[ibelieu]: Snowing people under with all sorts of misinformation, the politicians went about hiding the truth: inflation is rampant.
[CLary]:   A "tiger-mom"may snow her kid under with all kinds of extra curricular classes.
[移花接木]:I am fed up with the Covid variants to snow me under with dose after dose of vaccines.