【八】

来源: 淋雨 2014-10-28 16:30:24 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (4591 bytes)
28:03
Right? I am like writing their marines coming at me. We are not the crucible, you know, they are like rolling in a dirt, going on a barb wire, and I am like. I am not joking either. They are like,,, you know? Unprecedented access, access that journalists will be jealous of. Do you know why they give it to me? Because all the time, I have been visiting marines and having meeting with them, I have never asked for anything and I don't have anything to sell. I just kept showing up and asked, what do you need and how can I help? And at some point, they said, when I called, they said, I need a little favour, 'cause they know what I haven't been waiting, for the favour, it's the time now that I have a little favour. They go, absolutely, whatever you need. Close human relationships. companies don't do business with companies, people do business with people. You know, your company didn't win IBM as a client. Somebody who likes somebody said will hire you, and they didn't like you, they are just,,, like, you know, they are playing relay,, we are betting, you know,,its so work out. This is the weak relationships.

29:08
How do you deal if your boss is a jerk or doesn't get it? The more we give, the more inspires the others give, but the more selfish we are, the more others become selfish around us, and so those are the organizations which selfish behaviour prevails and so we see the residual affect, which is they make a decision that ultimately screwed us. they destroy our economy because of their selfish behaviour. We know this is what, what happened, same in politics, right? eh, eh, and the answer is, don't worry about it. I know it sounds silly. You mean, your first question is, do I take these things to them? I will talk to anyone who will listen. You know? but I don't talk to people who don't want to listen. The good news is, there are some good eggs, and there are some of them who had conversions, where they were the bastards who believe in firing people, screening people, to advance their careers. and something happens. I just met a guy recently, who is a very senior executive in a very very large company. and something happened, and he like, he got like, hit on head something and he realized wholly cow, I have to look after people. Right? and they become obsess with it and they start taking their necks out and we just need those champions, scattered around.

30:20
and this is what I do, the more I spread the message, the more is sort of, it's, it's kind of like, eh, you know, in the cartoons, it's sort of, the whole of justices, you know, that the message goes up, they also sort of, whatever they are, they poke their heads up, is that kind of. The more we talk about, the more we put in our work. You know, don't forget, you gonna to help someone, you goes home, feeling good, and their husband, their wife, works in the bank(grammatical error). They gonna talk about, a bunch, about, in that it might, inspire effort(??), you know it has all these residual impact that we won't really know. This is the funny thing about the internet, which is we are so proud of the internet that we can measure everything. No, you can't. You can measure only one layer. Right? So, for example, you say, Simon, what the impact you are having? I don't know, is the answer, right?

31:01
I know that it will take more than one week, that it will take seven years, but I don't know what it's gonna happen, I don't know how I'll get there, right? All I can do is just do it, right? but I have no clue how will win. and so, for example, I can measure book sales, I can measure how many hits, I can measure how many people watch the TED talks all of these, but I can't measure, you know, that TED talk being shown to a room of 50 people, and one of those 50 people doesn't buy a book, doesn't watch a TED talk, doesn't do anything, but goes up, does things good for somebody else. I have no way in measuring that. We are so proud of internet's ability in measure everything, but we were measuring one layer, where we were used to measure no layers. It's like, this is how people work. It's, it's gossamer, you know, its network. en, and so the answer is, don't worry about them, don't worry about them. Worry about people who you can care for, you can give to, and when we reach critical masses of society, it will tip. Right? and if you don't believe me, the reason it is the way is now, is because it tipped the wrong way.
请您先登陆,再发跟帖!