时隔二十年,重温《Gladiator》

来源: Baritoner 2021-05-13 12:18:12 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (14676 bytes)

昨晚在网飞翻电影,看到《Gladiator》,因为当年在影院看过,就想随便看几个段落。没想到的是两个多钟头的戏居然一气看完了。关键几场戏还回看了一次。

里面一段凯撒(Marcus Aurelius)亲儿子Commodus要篡位夺权的戏,很精彩!

当Commodus知道父亲选择的接班人是Maximus将军而不是自己时,开始激动起来:

Commodus:父亲,你给我写过一封信,提到了希望看到的四个美德:wisdom(智慧),justice (正义),fortitude(坚韧),和 temperance (忍隐)。我知道我一个也不具备。

但是我有其它的美德:ambition (雄心),resourcefulness (机智),courage(勇气),虽然我的勇气不一定表现在战场上; devotion (忠诚),对家庭,对您的忠诚。只是我的美德却不入您眼。或许,您从来都没有把我当成儿子看待。

凯撒:孩子,你说得过头了!

Commodus:我曾经绞尽脑汁,千方百计来讨好您,让您为孩儿骄傲。您的一句好话,一个真心的拥抱,都像一束持续千年的阳光温暖着我的心。。。您为啥如此憎恶我?

凯撒:别说了。。。

Commodus:我多么想我能做得如您所愿,凯撒,父亲!

凯撒:孩子,your faults as a son is my failure as a father (子不教,父之过)。

顺便提一下,演将军/Gladiator的Russell Crowe 为此片获得2001年的最佳男主角奥斯卡奖,演Commodus的华金2020年因《Joker》获最佳男主角奖。

两位在片中的演技无可挑剔!整个片子也成为经典。

当年的帅哥Russell Crowe在他最新的《Unhinged》(脱缰)里,已经是个老肥丑了。

The faults of a son is the failure of a father. 

原文对白在此:

• Marcus Aurelius Are you ready to do your duty for Rome?

Commodus Yes, father.

Marcus Aurelius You will not be emperor.

Commodus Which wiser, older man is to take my place?

Marcus Aurelius My powers will pass to Maximus, to hold in trust until the Senate is ready to rule once more. Rome is to be a republic again.

Commodus Maximus?

Marcus Aurelius Yes.

[Marcus Aurelius tries to comfort Commodus by reaching out his hand to touch him on the face but Commodus pulls his head away from Marcus Aurelius' hand in disgust] 

Marcus Aurelius My decision disappoints you?

Commodus You wrote to me once, listing the four chief virtues: Wisdom, justice, fortitude and temperance. As I read the list, I knew I had none of them. But I have other virtues, father. Ambition. That can be a virtue when it drives us to excel. Resourcefulness, courage, perhaps not on the battlefield, but... there are many forms of courage. Devotion, to my family and to you. But none of my virtues were on your list. Even then it was as if you didn't want me for your son.

Marcus Aurelius Oh, Commodus. You go too far.

Commodus I search the faces of the gods... for ways to please you, to make you proud. One kind word, one full hug... where you pressed me to your chest and held me tight. Would have been like the sun on my heart for a thousand years. What is it in me that you hate so much?

Marcus Aurelius Shh, Commodus.

Commodus All I've ever wanted was to live up to you, Caesar. Father.

Marcus Aurelius [Marcus Aurelius gets down on his knees]  Commodus. Your faults as a son is my failure as a father.

[Marcus opens up his arms to Commodus and gives him a hug] 

Commodus [Commodus hugs Marcus and cries]  Father. I would have butcher the whole world... if you would only love me!

[Commodus begins to asphyxiate Marcus while they hug, Marcus grunts] 

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”