老去吃喝玩乐 - huh, I dont talk about how much suffering

来源: lvtotravel 2007-02-12 21:21:39 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1508 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ lvtotravel ] 在 2007-02-13 04:36:02 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
does not mean I haven't suffered.

When we first came to this country, I went thru 5+ years on a 16hr day schedule - taking 12 hours a semester and holding a fulltime job, for 5 years. I only took a leave of absence of 3 months on the last Summer semester to finish my undergrad. Took 12hrs on the final 11wk summer semesters (I and II, 6 and 5 weeks respectively).

Dont even understand now how I have done it. My schedule was like this: left home around 7:30. worked between 8 to 4:30. drove to school to catch 5:30 class. 2 classes a night, everynight. usually got home around 10-11pm - first thing was to eat my late dinner, like a hungry wolf. I could fall asleep at traffic lights and during traffic jams on Houston's infamous US59 and I-45. (need to change freeway at least once to get to school).

During my first few years after graduation, the oil prices were down to low teens and lay-offs were left and right... it was comparable to the Silican Valley in 2001-2...

I just happen not to talk about such as it is of not much meaning - who-else hasn't had similar struggle when trying to establish in a new place?

As for travel and such, it is very individual - it takes a fortune to be able to do that type of trip exiula does, eventhough it is a very demanding one.

Me, being a very pragmatic person, prefer creature comfort than creature torture, and for the least amount of resources needed. Resources include many things, money, time, health, etc etc
请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”