For all our travels, I hvn't bought ANY foreign currency

来源: Lvtotravel 2007-02-12 12:20:50 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1423 bytes)
回答: Try to answer further your Qslvtotravel2007-02-12 11:16:08
from ANY US Banks, for at least 15 years...

With ATM so prevailent all over the world, why would anyone needs to get foreign currencies from home base?

I used to get a small sum of currencies from AMEX office in the 1990's. At the time, there was not even ATMs in Spain, for example. However, I have discovered you can pre-pay (or deposit) cash to your Visa credit card, and then walk into a local bank in Madrid to ask for a cash advance from your Visa. All it incurred was a $5 or so Cash Advance Fee, but since you already have a CREDIT BALANC on your CC, your cash advance is already paid for, so NO FINANCE CHARGE ever incurred, provided you dont get more than your credit balance. The bank do require me to produce my passport for the transaction.

Alas, such clever way of getting around the system was stopped by the banks - they no longer allow you to prepay your credit card. In fact, AMEX wouldn't even let you pay the unbilled, but already posted charges on your card BEFORE statement closing date. Citi and Chase though, continue allow you to pay off your charges BEFORE statement closing date.

Why I pay attention to the above? Because when we travel, there would be areas internet access is unavailable, but there are bills to be paid... I am very annoyed by those vendors who wont let you prepay. Bellsouth, our local phone provider is one that wont. Really makes me mad.
请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”