Oh, why would you buy from Priceline?!

来源: 2007-02-02 18:37:11 [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读:
I am not sure you even earn miles from Priceline tickets!

The price was available on Expedia and Travelocity, as well as on United.com.

I always buy tickets from Airline website directly if possible. Sometimes buy them either on Expedia or Travelocity when the 3rd parties have better flight selection or/and better prices. You would pay $5 handling fee but you would earn miles.

I even bought UA tickets on AA.Com last January because the United ATL to HNL ticket was selling at $102 on AA.Com but $600 on United.Com. It was a fare error, showed up on Expedia and a couple other sites for a brief 20 min around 6pm in the evening, but it was available for purchase thru midnight on AA.Com. Unlike buying AA's own flights which you could put the reservation on hold for 24hrs, buying United flights on AA you must purchase immediately.. - AA couldn't care for United fare error - they sent the purchase to United and as long as United accepted it, the tickets were issued. If United system rejected it, AA refunded the purchase price. Our tickets were bought around 7:45pm, and were issued around 3:30am. In order to do that, you choose ALL airlines option on AA.Com reservation in order for other airlines flights to show up.

I will NEVER buy a ticket that I wont earn miles, unless it is dirt dirt cheap.

The tickets to Hawaii not only earn full miles, but were upgradable to boot. 15K one-way upgrade to F class. :)