Thank you for your comments.

来源: lfu00 2006-11-02 12:16:21 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2009 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ lfu00 ] 在 2006-11-02 15:34:45 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
The cable trail is indeed not as scaring as it looks like. I mean if you get used to it. If you can walk up the trail for first 20 steps, you will know you can make it. So to the way down, I tried both way, face down and face up. I found face up is easier. When we
went up, a person before us moved especially slow. When we come down, it was late and almost nobody come up. These might made the final part easy for us.

Believe me, my wife, who could fail in PE test from primary school all the way up to college, made it. It is not a technical climbing. However, take pictures while on the trail need more nerve. In fact, all the photoes posted here was taken by my daughter. I was taking care of my wife and video typing :-)

The whole Half Dome trek on average takes about 10-12 hours. It took us 14 hours. Remember we had a person who failed in PE test :-( It was almost 12 hour walking of about 16 miles with elevation gain of 4800 feet. That is the difficult part. The easy part is the top of Half Dome is below 9,000 feet. There is no danger of AMS(acute mountain sickness syndrome?),
which normally shows up around 10,000 feet. The trail is in very good condition. There is water source and 3 restrooms in the first half. There is also a very small spring at about 3/4 of the way up. The spring water is directly drinkable and test better than any bottle water.

With a good spirit and a light load to carry, every one love nature and hiking frequently should and could make this proclaimed ultimate hike in Yosemite.

From my experience, the bulge just before the cable trail is most difficult. Although it looks like quite flat on the photo, it is almost vertical when it first appears. The trail there is pure short switch backs all the way up. On cable trail the cable helps a lot.

Also:
Bring torches or head light with you, one for each person. You never know how long it takes if some thing happens. It was 9:00pm when we made back to the camp sied.

所有跟帖: 

Is most of the 4800 ft elevation gain within 2 miles then? -wunderlust- 给 wunderlust 发送悄悄话 (88 bytes) () 11/02/2006 postreply 12:28:38

回复:Is most of the 4800 ft elevation gain within 2 miles then? -lfu00- 给 lfu00 发送悄悄话 (245 bytes) () 11/02/2006 postreply 12:36:11

"3 restrooms in the first half" ---so, there's no restroom -moab- 给 moab 发送悄悄话 moab 的博客首页 (33 bytes) () 11/02/2006 postreply 12:30:11

回复:"3 restrooms in the first half" ---so, there's no restroom -lfu00- 给 lfu00 发送悄悄话 (357 bytes) () 11/02/2006 postreply 13:10:16

I am not into the numbering systems :-) but thanks for -moab- 给 moab 发送悄悄话 moab 的博客首页 (18 bytes) () 11/02/2006 postreply 14:31:47

Thanks for sharing, it must be a great exprience -金枪布道- 给 金枪布道 发送悄悄话 (98 bytes) () 11/02/2006 postreply 12:31:19

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”