My itinerary of Alaksan trip (5/22-5/30)

来源: AQQ 2009-06-09 13:19:35 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (3501 bytes)
I am not good at writing in either Chinese or English, but thought sharing my itinerary may be helpful to others. Here it is.

5/22. Flight from home to ANC via SLC (about 12 hours). Stayed in Inlet Suites and Hotel (bid from priceline.com for $50 before tax) Dinner at New Sagaya market (right next to the hotel).

5/23. Drove from Anchorage to Seward via Seward highway.

Stopped at Girdwood to walk the trails and to see the hand tram. People with arm strength are allowed to use the hand tram.

Stayed in Van Gilder Hotel in Seward (used 2 for 1 coupon in the Great Alaskan coupon). Dinner at Ray's restaurant - high-end restaurant in town and breathtaking view.

5/24. Visited Sea Life Center and took one day cruise (used 2-1 coupon again) to see the National Fjords Park and wild lives. Weather was rough. Even with pills, many people got sea-sickness.

Dinner at a restaurant called Peking but run by a Korean couple. Same hotel. Van Gilder is a very old hotel. Rooms are small and rumor has it that it was haunted.

5/25. Drove from Seward to Whittier via the famous tunnel. Took ferry from Whittier to Valdez. This ferry thing turned out to be the most pricy activities for the whole trip. It cost about $300 for two adults and one SUV. But the ferry, I have to say, is very nice and the ferry ride is quite relaxing and scenic.

Stayed at Blessing House B&B. Just so so. For whatever reason, a lot of business in town seems to be either for sale or not open for business yet. Even the B&B we stayed is for sale. We wanted to have dinner at Mike’s Place, which got rave review on line, but it is not open. Not sure if it closed for good. Instead, we had dinner at Totem Inn (recommended by the hostess of B&B). Not very much interesting to our Chinese stomach.

5/26. Long day of driving from Valdez to Fairbanks. Stayed at Holiday Inn Hotel and Express (bid from Priceline for $75 before tax). This is a brand new hotel (opened July 08). We definitely felt that money well spent.

5/27. Drove from Fairbanks to the Arctic Circle and back. We took off from Fairbanks at 9:00am and back to Fairbanks at 5:00pm. We only stopped at Yukon River bridge for gas. A SUV is recommended for this trip. We had a Jeep Compass.

From Fairbanks, we drove to Healy and stayed at the famous Denali Dome Home. This place, I have to say, lives up to its reputation. The best B&B I’ve ever seem.

5/28. Took the park bus to Denali National Park. It was early for the season, so the park is only open to bus to Toklat River. From June 1st, it will open to Eielson Center which, I heard, has much more to see. The biggest achievement of the day was the sight of a mother bear and her two babies.

At night, stayed at Denali Dome Home again.

5/29. Drove from Healy to Talkeetna. The flight seeing at Talkeetna was the highlight of my plan. However, the weather was not very cooperative such that no planes went our when we were there. So we took a few pictures of the airplanes and drove back to Anchorage. Stayed in Inlet again. This time we got a much smaller room with the same price. I guess that’s the downside of Priceline… you don’t know exactly what you are getting.

5/30. Drove to Flattop overlook of Anchorage. Again, weather was not nice. So for the whole trip, we didn’t get to see Mt. McKinley at all. We then flew back home in the afternoon.

That’s it. Thanks for your attention.
请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”