Sailing for SOS

来源: hannie 2009-03-01 10:12:08 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (3167 bytes)
http://www.sailingforsos.com/

Sailing for SOS

SOS Children's Villages supporter Lee Winters gave up a successful job last November to prepare for a sailing journey. His mission...to help raise awareness for SOS Children's Villages.

Starting from his home port of Kemah, Texas, Lee is currently sailing around Mexico on his way through the Panama Canal and off into the Pacific Ocean. Throughout his journey, he will visit SOS Villages, blog about his experiences, publish videos, and raise $10,000 for SOS.

Lee recently stopped at the SOS Children's Village Hampolol near Campeche, Mexico in the Yucatán Peninsula as part of his Sailing for SOS campaign.

He visited with children at the village and the experience moved him deeply.

"Smiles come easy and the happiness permeates anyone who dares to visit," said Lee of his visit. "The joy comes from the knowledge that these are the lucky children. These kids have real homes and loving families."

"My day with these children taught me many things," he continued. "First, the only thing these kids ask for is love. Luckily for me, hugs are easy to provide and the return on investment is immediate."

"Secondly, the village runs more lean than any corporation in the world and their 'products' are the most well-behaved children I've ever encountered," said Lee. "Finally, it is wholly within our power — yours and mine — to enable more children to grow up in safe, loving homes like the one I saw in Hampolol."

Track Lee's current position, read his blog and check out his photo gallery for the latest updates on his Sailing for SOS web site. You may also make a donation to SOS in support of Lee.

请阅读更多我的博客文章>>>
  • Ice water without ice
  • 儿子写给Santa的信
  • 儿子在感恩节写给火鸡先生的信(二年级,11/14/2003)
  • 儿子今天上初中
  • 古代禅师寒山和拾得有这样一段对话 (ZT)
  • 请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
    请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus