关于加拿大红十字会

来源: 胡说之 2008-05-16 21:33:25 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2786 bytes)
都是为了祖国的受灾人,无论捐给哪一家慈善机构,都无损我们的心意。

任何一家慈善机构,都会有管理成本。Overhead稍高的,未必是有人中饱私囊。对资金和项目的高水平管理,需要高水平专业人员。而中国的MBA毕业生有几个愿意去红十字会这样的清水衙门?我倒希望中国红十字会能在管理上花点儿钱,至少捐款网页不要搞得这么buggy。

得到地震灾情不到24小时,加拿大红十字会就开设了专门的救灾基金,并且开通了网上捐款。这个效率就体现了很高的管理水准。

谣传加拿大红十字会的捐款只有30%汇到中国,是没有根据的。目前谁也没有这方面数据。但北美的捐款人,日后可以堂堂正正地要求加拿大红十字会把这个项目的报告邮寄一份。

本人曾经是中国红十字会会员,在海外辗转多年,会员证至今仍然珍藏。对中国红十字会绝无偏见,相反有美好回忆。就北美地区而言,与美国加拿大两国红十字会的声誉和募款能力相比,中国红十字会鞭长莫及,无法相比。为中国红十字会募捐绝对是好事,但用不实之词抹黑其他国家的红十字会,是对红十字会宗旨的无知,是给中国红十字会帮倒忙。

+ + + + + +

尽管China Earthquake目前仍在募集中,加拿大红十字会已经从国际救灾基金拿出25万加元,赠给了中国红十字会。参见加拿大红十字会给捐款人回的email

Dear Sir/Madam,
I want to make donation to China's earthquake through Canda RedCross but I have some concerns. How will RedCross Canada make sure the donation will reach the people who needs the help and how long it would take for that? Thanks if you can reply me so that I will donate with confidence.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply from Red Cross Canada:

Thank you for your inquiry.
Red Cross support to those affected by the earthquake in China has been immediate. The Red Cross Society of China began providing emergency relief assistance immediately following the quake and members of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies are on the ground conducting emergency assessments to determine the needs of survivors.

The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies has already allocated approximately $250,000 from its International Disaster Relief Fund to support the Red Cross Society of China in delivering immediate assistance to those affected by the quake in Sichuan province.

The Canadian Red Cross is accepting donations from the Canadian public to support the relief efforts that are already underway.

Online donations to the Canadian Red Cross through our website are the fastest and most cost-efficient way of getting help to those affected.

More information on the evolving Red Cross response to the earthquake in China will be posted to our website www.redcross.ca as it becomes available.

Thank you for your support.

Dena Allen
Public Affairs Coordinator
ÌCanadian Red Cross
www.redcross.ca
请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标