Las Vegas--places to see and eat for family

来源: coolmom 2008-04-14 09:59:52 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (8088 bytes)
We vacationed in Las Vegas this summer for 7 days and had a wonderful time.  Here are places to eat:

1. We ate at Ellis Island for 3 nights--great food at unbelievably low prices. Don't miss their $4.95 steak dinner with soup/salad every night---my hu*****and's favorite. I personally liked their Shrimp Scampi the most.  No kids menu but Daniel liked their food too.  Their fried fish (cod filet) and fries basket is huge--enough for two for around $6.75. Ellis Island is next to the 7-11 store. Both are behind Bally's. Free parking.

2. For other nights we ate at: the World Buffet at Rio ($24.99/adult, $16.99/child), great food, large varieties, with dozens of desserts.  They have over 12 kinds of gelato (icecream) can you believe it?   I liked their cocktail shrimps --over 4 kinds of them.  Kids loved their desserts.  They even have Chinese soup noodles :-))!!

3.  RedHotBlue restaurant at the Mandalay Bay Resort  is standard American food, don't try their baked chicken it's just too bad. Their spaghetti with meatball is excellent for about $15. Kids menu available.  

4.  We went to Mandalay's Bayside Buffet at least once--for breakfast or lunch, great food, large varieties, quick service, smoked salmon every day--my favorite dish!

Here are where we visited or what we did in Vegas:

1. We saw the show Mama Mia at Mandalay Bay Resort, great show even kids loved it--$100/person for AA seats (ouch!! to the wallent but we had the best seats:-)).

2. My kids and I saw the Mac King Magic show at Harrah's.  Lots of fun plus my son already has Mac King's dvd.  We've got the front row seats which was great. Tickets are about $12 or $15/person (not so sure).  This is one of the few day time shows in Vegas.

3. We went to the IMAX movie at Luxur--the resort hotel that looked like an Egypt's pyramid. They have several IMAX movies, we already saw some of them so this time we saw the one named "the deep under sea"--it's 3D movie and lots of fun.  The best thing about this IMAX theatre is that it's almost right next to McDonald, so we can grab a quick bite there before the movies.

4. We also went to the Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay--it's a nice aquarium better than the ones we've been to.  Nice and not crowded at all.  Best thing about it is that the admission tickets include audio device so you can listen to it the entire visit, for free. I think admission is about $12 for adult and $7/child if I remember correctly.

5. On our last day there we rent a car and went to Hoover Dam--the biggest dam in north America.  It's about 35 min drive from LV.

6.  Also on the last day we went to the Red Rock Canyon National Park--$6 per car at entrance.  Beautiful natural scenes and desert views--don't miss it if you can.

7. For kids only--I took my son to Game Works, it's next to the M&M World.  I got him a 1-hr pass for $20.  We were out of time for a show so he couldn't play long. Its day pass is only $30--the best deal.

Thanks for reading!

请阅读更多我的博客文章>>>
•  终于去了一趟梦里的CANCUN…(3) 趣物,趣人,趣事
•  终于去了一趟梦里的CANCUN…(2) 美食
•  终于去了一趟梦里的CANCUN…(1) 美景如Paradise
•  原以为今年是无雪的暖冬。。。今天下雪啦 !!
•  家里的角角落落--HIS 和 HERS

所有跟帖: 

very useful information. Thanks! -郝大夫- 给 郝大夫 发送悄悄话 郝大夫 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 04/14/2008 postreply 19:27:47

正想去LV,谢谢这么详细的介绍. -芦荟- 给 芦荟 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 04/16/2008 postreply 06:02:18

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”