回复:哦,文凭很重要呀。那为什么在美国的人不愿意移民加拿大呢

来源: jeff1963 2006-10-11 09:56:32 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2314 bytes)
I think there are several reasons based on my personal experience:

1) US green card has much higher barrier vs Canadian's PR. If something is very hard to get, people tend to not give it up easily, even it is a "chicken rib" (ji-le). In average, for a new graduate with master degree, it would take at least 3 years to get the green card. In Canada, in many cases, you can get the PR before you graduate.

2) US green card has very restrictive requirement on residence. It requires in every 12-month period, you must stay in US for at-least 6 months. Every short-time visits to China or Canada will be deducted. So it is very easy to lost it. US does not allow dual citizenship for natualized citizens (I think there is a clause in US law says that if you get foreign citizenship, you will lose US citizenship unless your US citizenship is by birth). So it is almost impossible for most Chinese to experience lifes outside US.

3) In general, living in US is much busier than in Canada. People may not have that much time to know, learn, think or even care something outside their daily routine. Many Chinese in US are tend to live in big cities and love big houses. One-hour commute each way is very common.

4) In US, there are so much information, although most of them are useless. It take people's attention away from what is realy important to their lifes.

5) I am not sure if many people realize this or not. When the consulate issueing student visas, US is pay more attention on your attitude, i.e., make sure you can become a good worker later (humble, follow orders, quick leaning, willing to sacrafice). On the Canadian side, they are more interest in if you can enrich the society (have enough money and skill to survive). How many successul business managers can get US visa? Probably not many. On Canadian side, my impression is much higher because they can bring money and create jobs.

6) The material life in US is richer, not necessarily spiritual life. I am not talking religion, but more on the cultural side. Look how many different kinds of authetic foods in Canadian cities. A middle size Canadian city will have more choices than a large US city. Have you listened to the feelings of your visiting parents in both countries?
请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”