Interesting.

来源: ZoyaWashington 2014-05-01 18:05:49 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2228 bytes)
Start with a simple one. Gay rights. Where did you get the impression "我是个Gay, 不要女人,你们也别和女人结婚"? I supported Gay rights and Gay marriage because I don't think I have the right to decide for others (gays) on how they should live their lives. Should they choose to get married, they should be allowed to get married like all everyone else. Gay right is never about what heterosexual couple can or can not do. For most people supported Gay rights, we did precisely "treat others the way we want to be treated", or "live and let live". 

Next, the concept of the people and the country. I think you view Americans the people and USA the country/government, are the same entity. I can understand that it maybe true for Chinese, the people/ the country/ the culture /the government/the Chinese communist party, is a one. But in the West, those are all separate concepts. What each individual believes can be totally different than what the government is doing. One example,  lots of Americans are against the wars in middle east, but not one consider the US solders are the responsible for the mistakes government officials made. So all solders are heros and are treated as such.  If you want to find someone to blame, for Vietnam war it is Lyndon B. Johnson, and for Iraq war, it is W. Bush. If China want to win America, the key is to win the hearts of American people, not government officials. This is the complete opposite of China. I think China has missed that completely and that is why US is sided with Japan on international issues.

Last, the separation of ideas and the people hold the ideas. Chinese view the people and the idea as one entity, and often choose to attack the people instead of the ideas. That is why Chinese are so divided everywhere. I have abundant experience of that during my brief stay here. Most of the attacks I got are against me not my ideas, simply because it is a far easier thing to do. Unfortunately, it doesn't work at all.

This is just my two cents, hope it make sense to you.
请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”