青蒿抗疟疾,中西医结合的典范

来源: ZoyaWashington 2013-11-15 22:09:44 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2613 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ ZoyaWashington ] 在 2013-11-16 07:55:00 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
关于中医与西医的关系,我一个野性提到的故事:青蒿抗疟疾.

Chinese medicine 青蒿 is very effective against 疟疾 (malaria), especially the type in Africa that is 奎宁 resistant. The active ingredient of青蒿 is 青蒿素, it is identified, purified. Its molecular structure is solved through x-ray cystography, which leads to the successfully synthesize  and manufacture of 青蒿素 in large quantity. Now it is still the most effective medicine against malaria.

I think the take home message is there are lots real gems in Chinese medicine that Chinese have come to know after thousands years of practice, that are unknown to the outside world. If we can analyze them with modern technology, we could found wonder drugs for many disease. One example I can think of, also mentioned by 野性: 黄连抑菌.
We are in serious need of finding more new and effective antibiotics as more and more drug-resistant super bacteria are found. We all know for a fact 黄连
素 is very effective for diarrhea. But does anyone know why and how it works? What are the active ingredients? Could it be the next super star antibiotic?  I for one would love to know the answers to these questions.

My background is molecular biology includes Genetics, Biochemistry, Physiology, and Oncology, but no training traditional Chinese medicine.  I could imagine people like 野性 can tell lots stories like the two wonder Chinese medicines. If we can combine all these knowledge together, I think we can bring Chinese medicine into a new era.

Last but not least, 野性, you ask me to write about the hot topics about 遗传差异,易感性等知识,the field is too big for me to start. You need to be more specific about the question and I may or may not know all the answers. It is not like telling that joke about "基本粒子". There is a dfference between  可分 and 不可分 .

所有跟帖: 

青蒿抗疟疾,中西医结合的典范, 但一些新老中医不承认是中药了,是植物药。那意好像中医用它治疗 -野性- 给 野性 发送悄悄话 野性 的博客首页 (323 bytes) () 11/15/2013 postreply 23:21:34

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”