面子与尊严 – respect and dignity

来源: ZoyaWashington 2013-11-14 09:54:27 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1225 bytes)
You can earn respect, but you can't get through argue with, insult or intimate others, just like you win people's heart with love but not with trickery.

Dignity is something within in you that no one can take away from you. For what I understand, people with firm beliefs such as a religion, are more likely to have dignity. It doesn't have to be Christianity. Mahatma Gandhi is a Hindu, Dali Lama is a Buddhist, and yet they are the people symbolize dignity. For the same reason, American public love and respect Japanese for their dignity.

I think the characters dignity  encompassed are very much inline with the universal values, respect for life and others, responsibility, self control, forgiveness etc. etc . But for the Chinese, if money, power, and 为达目的不则手段,are their core beliefs,  I doubt that will bring them any closer to have dignity. It seems more and more Chinese are against the universal values, and that is fine if Chinese want to remain isolated from the rest of the world. But if Chinese want to work with and make friends with other people, this attitude won't work well.

所有跟帖: 

Good point!这些认识其实和怎样在美国社会送孩子一样重要,需要每一个移民同学重新建立一个价值观,然后才更准确地明辨荣辱和 -bymyheart- 给 bymyheart 发送悄悄话 bymyheart 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/14/2013 postreply 11:23:52

是像送孩子上大学一样。身在曹营心在汉实际上是一种分裂心理并不利于一个移民获得好的生活。 -bymyheart- 给 bymyheart 发送悄悄话 bymyheart 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/14/2013 postreply 11:44:25

是你没搞清楚. "身在曹营心在汉"就是问题。 -ZoyaWashington- 给 ZoyaWashington 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 11/14/2013 postreply 14:40:11

回复:我上面的贴你没看见么?你肯定没看过游行组织者的号召才会说 "心在汉" -bymyheart- 给 bymyheart 发送悄悄话 bymyheart 的博客首页 (203 bytes) () 11/14/2013 postreply 15:33:17

请别在这瞎剿了,我们是讨论哲学问题,对扣帽子不感兴趣. -ZoyaWashington- 给 ZoyaWashington 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 11/14/2013 postreply 16:05:32

That's right, "人身在曹营心在汉" is a state of existence, 不是扣帽子. -ZoyaWashington- 给 ZoyaWashington 发送悄悄话 (197 bytes) () 11/14/2013 postreply 16:23:31

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”