《老子》中英譯文:二十章

来源: superson 2015-05-18 01:42:05 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (47229 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ superson ] 在 2015-05-18 11:11:22 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
http://classic-blog.udn.com/superson2/23205965

二十章

Chapter 20

1 唯之與阿,相去幾何?

誠懇與奉承之間,相去有多遠?
What is the difference between
sincerity and flattery?

2 善之與惡,相去若何?

行善和做惡之間,相差有多少?
What is the difference between righteousness and evildoing?

3 人之所畏,不可不畏。

人們所畏懼的,我們不可以不畏懼。
What the people fear, we should fear as well.

4 荒兮,其未央哉!

看那遼闊的荒野,真是無邊無際!
Look at the vast wild, it is boundless and infinite!

5 眾人熙熙,如享太牢,如登春臺。

衆人熙熙攘攘追求名利,希望一直享受豐盛的宴席,和登上美麗的舞台。
Men and women are pursuing wealth and fame, they want to continuously enjoy abundant feasts and perform on splendid stages.

6 我獨泊兮其未兆,如嬰兒之未孩。

唯獨我還不入軌的生活在原始形態之中,像純真的嬰兒一樣不時發出呵呵的笑。
I am the only one still untraceably living in primigenial life, often laughing like an innocent infant.

7 儽儽兮,若無所歸!

看起來疲憊懶散,好像一個無家可歸的流浪者。
Look exhausted and sluggish, like a homeless vagrant.

8 眾人皆有餘,而我獨若遺。

眾人皆自得自負滿腹經倫的樣子,而我看起來卻有所不足好像欠缺什麽似的。
All next to me are content, proud, and eruditely full of knowledge, yet if I am the only one who feels inadequate and lack of something.

9 我愚人之心也哉,純純兮!

跟衆人相比我的心像是很愚蠢,其實我始終保有純樸不雜的心思意念!
When comparing with others my heart looks foolish, however I insist on keeping my primitive and pure attitude.

10 俗人昭昭,我獨昏昏。

世人看起來頭腦清晰聰明,唯獨我似乎還在昏睡沈默之中。
The secular public looks bright and clever, yet I am the only one living in gloomy silence.

11 俗人察察,我獨悶悶。

世人看起來明察秋毫,唯似乎還在無識無能的狀態。
The secular public looks capable of giving scrutiny, but I still look like in an illiterate and incapable condition.

12 澹兮其若海,飂兮若無止。

其實我像大海一樣波瀾蕩漾,也像高處的風一樣吹過永不停止。
Indeed, I am tiding like a big ocean, and blowing like a high-altitude wind that never ceases.

13 眾人皆有以,而我獨頑且鄙。

衆人看起來很有能力又有作為,唯獨我似乎還很頑固又鄙劣。
The general public looks capable and achievable, but I still look obstinate and inferior.

14 我獨異於人,而貴母。

是的,我確實看起來與衆人大不相同,但是我一直堅守著那尊貴的創造之母、生命的源頭「道/天父上帝」。
Truly I am very different from general public; because I insisted on obeying the holy mother of creation, the Word of heaven.

【注】

:有部分版本採用「求食於」四字食母」意思是說「譬如嬰兒,無所雜食,食於母而已」,郭注云:「食乳也」;所以「食母」就是食乳於母之意。這裡的「母」形容生命的源頭「道、天父上帝」。

在老子的眼裡,「道」是父(
眾甫--萬有的父)、也是母(天下母、萬物母,祂是萬物的創造者,也是宇宙的主宰。在堯舜禹湯文武周公孔孟的眼裡,上帝是天父(乾,天也,故稱乎聖人法天順情以天),上帝是「神之最尊者也,為萬物之所宗,人神之所主由此可見老子的「道」和先聖先賢們所敬拜的「天父上帝」指的都是同一位

你是我天父

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!