爱中?爱台?Envoy's double life stirs furor 郭冠英自打嘴巴

来源: ∶米台曰∶ 2009-03-25 21:58:24 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (5291 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ ∶米台曰∶ ] 在 2011-01-08 08:16:39 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
爱中?爱台?郭冠英自打嘴巴
自由时报 2009-03-26 06:00

对外国人说最效忠的是台湾

[本报驻加特派记者张伶铢/温哥华廿四日报导]前新闻局驻加拿大多伦多新闻组长郭冠英上周五(廿日)当天为他自己并无旷职辩护时说,「我是主任(即组长),办公室已无比我更高层的人,我在外面拜访传媒,怎麽算旷职?」现在答案揭晓,原来上周五他一边应付新闻局对有无到班查询的同时,还接受了加拿大英文报纸 Toronto Star的专访,专访刊登在廿四日Toronto Star时,郭冠英已经被拔去外交官的头衔。

加国媒体称他双面外交官

Toronto Star以「双面外交官触发众怒」(Envoy’s double life stirs furor)作标题,郭冠英当时已做好承认他就是范兰钦的准备,郭冠英说,「不管後果如何,我还是会告诉政府我就是范兰钦」,郭冠英表示,「很重要的是,人们可以不同意我说的话,但我却有机会说我的心里想法」,郭冠英还说,「我的言论自由正被攻击。」

专访引述郭冠英所说的其他内容,其实不出郭冠英之前知道自己被免职後的反应,讽刺的是,在英文专访时,写到郭冠英说「我第一效忠的是台湾」(my first allegiance is to Taiwan),而且「这是一个我爱的国家,希望还有机会在这个真正可爱的地方居住」(this is a country I really love, and I hope I have not lost my chance to live in a truly lovely place),均是以台湾来指郭冠英来自的国家,与郭冠英之前强调「台湾没有主权」的说法,有不同调的地方。

郭冠英是在去年九月才被调往多伦多,他的妻子上月才搬到多伦多与他同住,至於他的儿子则住在温哥华。

搏版面功夫 台侨啧啧称奇

郭冠英的专访上了Toronto Star,再度成为加拿大台侨社区焦点话题,对於郭冠英总是能想尽各种办法抢攻中英文版面,大家都感到啧啧称奇。

Envoy's double life stirs furor
http://www.thestar.com/News/World/article/607157

Taiwan orders home chief spokesperson in Toronto after he called countrymen 'rednecks, primitives'
Mar 24, 2009 04:30 AM

Tony Wong
STAFF REPORTER

For months, Kuo Kuan-ying has been leading something of a double life. As a senior diplomat based in Canada, he has been the chief spokesperson for the Taiwanese government in Toronto.

But in his off-hours the gregarious ex-journalist has been penning controversial columns on the Internet that have made him the target of protests and death threats after some legislators in Taipei accused him of defaming his country.

Yesterday, Kuo was suspended from his job as director of the information division of the Taipei Economic and Cultural Office and called back to Taiwan after he admitted in a television interview that aired in Asia yesterday that he was the author of articles that had stirred outrage in Taipei for calling the country's majority population "rednecks" and "primitives."

In an interview with the Star in Toronto last Friday, Kuo staunchly defended his position.

"It is really a ridiculous situation that has gotten out of control," he said. "They are attacking my freedom of speech instead of defending it."

Kuo said "despite the consequences" he intended to tell authorities he was indeed Fan Lan-chin, the author of articles that have been published in newspapers and on the Internet in a blog.

"I think it is important that even if people disagree with what I say, that I have the opportunity to say what I feel," said Kuo, a well-known figure in Toronto's Chinese community. The diplomat and former journalist with the United Daily News has been leading the newscasts in his homeland, as reporters tried to determine if he was the infamous Fan Lan-chin.

Hours after the newscast, Taiwanese government information officer Su Chun-pin said a panel had determined Kuo had "damaged" Taiwan's image overseas by making controversial remarks.

In Toronto, Kuo said he was asked not to report to work at his Yonge and Richmond Sts. office over the last few weeks because it might constitute a security threat.

He has been in Canada since September and was joined by his wife last month. His son lives in Vancouver.

Fearing for the safety of his family in Taiwan, he says he has been asked if he would consider political asylum in Canada.

"My first allegiance is to Taiwan," he says. "But this is a country I really love, and I hope I have not lost my chance to live in a truly lovely place."

Kuo wrote a column for the Taipei United Daily News last month stating there were probably only a thousand people killed in the historic 228 Massacre of 1947. The article effectively made him a holocaust denier in the eyes of many Taiwanese.

The 228 incident (referring to Feb. 28, 1947) was an anti-government uprising that was suppressed by the Kuomintang rulers with estimates ranging from 15,000 to 20,000 dead.

Kuo argues, among other things, that since only a few hundred came forward to claim sizable reparations, there couldn't be that many victims.

In another article, Kuo allegedly advocated the use of military force by China if necessary to take control of Taiwan.

Beijing has always claimed Taiwan as a province of China.

He says because he wrote the articles under a pen name, they should be permissible under free speech. "I did not write as the official government view," he says.

His superiors disagreed this week, with Su stressing that government officials are not allowed to make derogatory remarks under the pretext of freedom of speech.

所有跟帖: 

he did nothing illegal but persecuted by fanatics -笑看阿Q找台阶- 给 笑看阿Q找台阶 发送悄悄话 笑看阿Q找台阶 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 03/25/2009 postreply 22:20:26

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”