因为马布里和林都是我喜欢的球星,所以觉得应该听听马对冰箱的评价

来源: 微人轻言 2013-02-25 08:47:13 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (9410 bytes)

看到你的跟贴后,我作了搜索找到了以下这篇相关文章,我认为此文本身是偏向G的,因为粗略一读象似M嫉妒G的天价合同,而M之所以没拿到同样天价的合同是因为the N.B.A. lockout不是因为球队不想给.可是仔细想来我也感到天价合同的不对劲,从G和M进NBA的年份估计,在G签下天价合同的第二年就是M的合同年,以森林狼所在的小市场即使没有lockout的限制,球队也不可能再給M相当的合同,这本身是一种对M存在价值的不认可.我理解M想被交易的心情.对冰箱的话,我作了highlight,有兴趣者可以一读.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/28/sports/basketball/28knicks.html

Marbury Hasn’t Won Since His Breakup With Garnett

Madison Square Garden, which had recently turned so hostile, had just showered Marbury in adulation. Coach Isiah Thomas, who had recently benched him, now needed full paragraphs to express his appreciation. A 113-109 defeat of the Utah Jazz had healed many wounds, and Marbury — whose career path resembles a billboard-sized echocardiogram — was on another new high.

Even a rapid-fire question about his past could not disturb him. So, about that great new Boston Celtics team built around your old friend Kevin Garnett?

“I’m happy for everybody,” Marbury said, grinning and without breaking stride, before disappearing through the double doors.

The truth is more complicated. When Marbury and Garnett meet at center court tomorrow in Boston, it will serve as a stinging, nationally televised reminder of all that has gone wrong in the last decade of Marbury’s basketball life.

The Celtics (11-2), newly rebuilt around Garnett, Ray Allen and Paul Pierce, have the N.B.A.’s best record. They are the buzz of the league, contenders to win the Eastern Conference. The Knicks (4-9) recently lost eight consecutive games while Marbury and Thomas feuded. They create more static than buzz.

It did not have to be this way. Marbury and Garnett could still be Minnesota Timberwolves teammates, making annual playoff runs in the West.

“You easily could have made a case that they should have been a top-16 team for 10-plus years,” said Reggie Miller, the TNT analyst and former Indiana Pacers star, who will be part of the broadcast team tomorrow.

Eleven years ago, Marbury and Garnett were a dynamic guard-forward tandem for the Internet age, Generation Y’s answer to John Stockton and Karl Malone. Eight years ago, Marbury broke up the partnership, forced his way out of icy Minneapolis and cast himself into the N.B.A. wilderness. Both players were worse for the breakup.

Since 1999, Marbury has played for three teams, made two playoff appearances and never advanced past the first round. Garnett stayed in Minnesota, made the playoffs six times and advanced past the first round only once (losing to the Los Angeles Lakers in the 2004 conference finals).

For years, the only thing Marbury and Garnett shared was heartbreak and fleeting thoughts of what might have been. Occasionally, they would muse about a redemptive reunion. “That would be great; that would be a beautiful thing,” Marbury said in March 2006.

But Marbury wanted Garnett in New York, and Garnett wanted Marbury in Minneapolis, and there was never any substance to the idea. It was a nice fantasy to keep them warm through the cold N.B.A. winters. It also belied the bad feelings that pushed them apart.

They were divided by ego, jealousy, immaturity and money when the Timberwolves traded Marbury, at his request, to the Nets in March 1999. At the time, Marbury was 22 and Garnett a month shy of 23.

Miller, who was then a 33-year-old veteran with the Pacers, recalls viewing the moment with disappointment.

“Especially with younger players, because ego gets in the way a lot,” Miller said.

Dollar signs clouded the issue. Garnett had signed a $126 million contract with the Timberwolves in 1998 — a deal that helped provoke the N.B.A. lockout, which resulted in new restrictions on player salaries. As a result, the most Marbury could get in a contract extension was $70.9 million.

Garnett and Marbury had been co-equals in game plans and marketing campaigns. Suddenly, there was an imbalance.

“He said the kind of money that K. G. makes is really bothersome for him and that the town was not big enough for both of them,” Kevin McHale, the Timberwolves’ vice president for basketball operations, said of Marbury at the time. “He unequivocally said he would not come back.”

Marbury has long chafed at this story line, saying that he simply disdained the frosty Minneapolis winters and that he longed to play closer to his native New York. During a telephone interview in August, Marbury — while making a rambling defense of his career in general — brought up the fateful trade, unsolicited.

“I’ve been defending myself since I left Minnesota,” he said. “Because I didn’t comply to what they wanted, then it was like: ‘Oh, I’m selfish. I’m this. I’m that.’ I’m like: ‘How can that be? You were just about to give me $71 million! Who gives someone $71 million and they’re selfish and they’re jealous of Kevin Garnett and all of this stupid stuff?’ It’s a joke.”

Marbury added, “I’m happy that I went through that fight, because I wouldn’t be in this place where I am now, in my mind.”

The Garnett-Marbury relationship hit another sour note in December 2002, when Marbury was with Phoenix and rashly declared that the Suns’ Amare Stoudemire had already surpassed Garnett.

“This is Steph being jealous,” Garnett said then. “I’m still on his mind.”

In the seasons that followed, Marbury often turned testy when he was asked about Garnett. The tension has eased over time, with both players confronting greater concerns — foremost, their shrinking window for winning a title.

During his wild July television interview, Marbury expressed heartfelt regret. “I was just telling my friends in the car,” he said, “I want to call K. G. and tell him I’m sorry for anything that ever happened and anything that’s ever been done or said between us.”

A reconciliation is still possible. But now that Garnett is a Celtic — the result of a July trade — it appears to be too late to ponder a reunion. The question is whether it is also too late for Marbury to find redemption.

“In this league, you only get so many opportunities,” Miller said. “You’re taking layers and layers off your career when you head-butt and you get into little petty jealousy, he said-she said, egomaniac stuff. You only got so much time in this league, and you want to make the most of it.”

所有跟帖: 

可见当年森林狼的管理层多么愚蠢,因为厚此薄彼,从而毁了本可以造就的一段传奇 -微人轻言- 给 微人轻言 发送悄悄话 (29 bytes) () 02/25/2013 postreply 10:00:08

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”