The start of Linsanity Volume 2, 纽约时报夸小林

来源: 林FAN1 2012-11-01 05:06:16 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (7872 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 林FAN1 ] 在 2012-11-01 08:52:02 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

Lin Victorious in Debut With Rockets By ANDREW KEH Published: November 1, 2012

<<(Source: The NBA's most fascinating backcourt is not in Miami, where Dwyane Wade is joined by pedestrian point guard Mario Chalmers. It's not in Brooklyn, despite the billboards throughout New York featuring Deron Williams and Joe Johnson. It's not even in Los Angeles, where Steve Nash and Kobe Bryant have five NBA titles and three MVPs between them (but have played a combined 2,315 games and more than 78,000 minutes).No, the backcourt tandem to watch this year is in Houston, where Jeremy Lin and James Harden enter the season with a lot to prove.)>>

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. — For the immensity of his profile, Jeremy Lin’s ascent to stardom occurred within a notably short time frame. It is the reason his professional identity feels so incomplete, the reason his rebirth this season will draw such scrutiny.

On Wednesday night, less than one year after he exploded into global consciousness, Lin made his debut for the Houston Rockets, who had signed him to a three-year deal in July. It was only the 26th start of his N.B.A. career, and his first for a team other than the Knicks. It represented, in a sense, the start of Linsanity: Volume 2.

“It’s a brand-new chapter in my life, and so I’m excited to get this thing going,” Lin said after the Rockets defeated the Detroit Pistons, 105-96. “And hopefully, if we keep this up, it’s going to be a really fun season.”

Lin played 35 minutes, finishing with 12 points, 8 assists and 4 rebounds. He made 4 steals and committed 4 turnovers. When asked about his performance, Lin focused on his health, in particular the left knee that forced a premature end to his previous season.

“This was the best my body has felt in a while, a few months,” he said. “I’m glad I got that first one out of the way. I know what to expect, and how my body’s going to respond.”

For a while, no one knew what to expect, as the string of events that brought Lin to this point moved like a whiplash.

He emerged late last season from the far end of the Knicks’ bench, earning international renown during two months of pun-inducing merriment. His Taiwanese heritage and Harvard degree made him an oddity. His performance at point guard eluded comprehension. From Feb. 4 to March 24, before his injury, Lin averaged 18.5 points and 7.7 assists per game, jolting the stagnant Knicks to life, charming their jaded fans.

And then, it was over.

Lin was a restricted free agent, and the Rockets swooped, offering him a large, quirky contract that unsheathed a sudden frugal impulse from the generally free-spending Knicks. Backcourt retooled, the Knicks now employ the oldest roster in the league. The Rockets, with only four players returning from last season, have the youngest.

In the eyes of Coach Kevin McHale, Lin, despite his fame, is just one of the Rockets’ many unfinished players. Lin misfired for most of the preseason, shooting 28.3 percent from the field. McHale attributed that to rust accumulated during the rehabilitation of his knee.

“He’s only now getting healthy,” McHale said. “For him, it’s just about getting comfortable with a new system, new teammates, new coach, new everything. The best of Jeremy is yet to come.”

The best of Lin appeared Wednesday in spurts, particularly during a minute-long sequence midway through the first quarter. He recorded his first points by slipping to the basket off a pump fake and completing a left-handed scoop. The next possession, he drove inside again before kicking out to Chandler Parsons, who hit a 3-pointer. After that, he stole the ball at midcourt and finished a fast break with a dunk.

The Palace of Auburn Hills swelled with applause after each of those plays, just as it had when Lin’s name was announced during pregame introductions. The stands, which seemed only two-thirds full, were dotted with people wearing his jersey — both his No. 17 shirt from last season and his new No. 7 Rockets jersey. He was targeted with jeers, too, another indicator of his celebrity.

“He’s a fantastic young man and fun to coach,” McHale said.

This week, Lin was supplanted as the young team’s biggest star after James Harden arrived in a trade from the Oklahoma City Thunder. Before the game, the Rockets announced they had signed Harden, a shooting guard, to a contract extension that would keep him in Houston for the next six seasons.

Harden, with two practices under his belt, exploded for 37 points, 12 assists and 6 rebounds. Four of Lin’s assists went to Harden, and the two accounted for all of the team’s points during a 10-0 run to open the second half.

“Similar to me, he can create and score the ball, so I’m excited to have him as a backcourt partner,” Harden said. “We’re going to make our team better.”

The Pistons took an 81-72 lead into the final quarter, but the Rockets roared back, following the lead of Carlos Delfino, who hit four 3-pointers.

“We’re trying to develop a team identity, so this helps for sure,” Lin said of the victory.

He might say the same for himself.

所有跟帖: 

特烦炒,包括炒林。但早说了,林子是那种越关键时候 -- 给 过 发送悄悄话 过 的博客首页 (183 bytes) () 11/01/2012 postreply 06:31:28

哈哈,过老弟,过年有饺子吃,还不满足啊?吃着碗里的,看着锅里的,贪心不足蛇吞象。 -马马甲甲- 给 马马甲甲 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 11/01/2012 postreply 09:46:00

林粉至少我就喜欢夸小林的,恨黑林的东西 -林FAN1- 给 林FAN1 发送悄悄话 (27 bytes) () 11/01/2012 postreply 08:40:43

有黑才有进步,不是?再说,炒的和 -- 给 过 发送悄悄话 过 的博客首页 (45 bytes) () 11/01/2012 postreply 08:51:11

懂什么叫粉不?不懂就去学学! -smart518- 给 smart518 发送悄悄话 smart518 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/01/2012 postreply 11:20:06

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”