我给ESPN.com领导写的信

来源: 2012-02-18 13:23:19 [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读:

我刚给ESPN.comSenior VP and GM Mr. John Kosner发了下面的email,并同时cc给了他们的Public Relation Department.

John Kosner email: john.kosner@espn.com

PR Department email: espnpr@espn.com

同学们如果对歧视有意见,请直接给肇事部门提意见,这样会更productive,在这里讨论当然好,但是起不到社会效果。写这样的信或许有效果或许没效果,但是不写肯定没效果。

发帖后笔记:espnpr@espn.com好像不是一个好的去处,如果大家想提意见除了Kosner的email,还是去试一下以下的feedback网页:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?id=2826900

------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr. Kosner,

As an avid fan of ESPN and sports, and a member of the Chinese-American community, I am writing to you to respectfully request the removal from posts at ESPN of the writer, editor and those involved in the racial slur incident occurred in the early morning of February 18, 2012.  I appreciate the action ESPN has taken, namely, the removal of the Chink in the Armor headline and the ensuing apology.  However, the removal from ESPN of those involved needs to be the next step in order to restore ESPN’s reputation. 

ESPN is more than the Worldwide Leader in Sports.  ESPN is also looked up to for the professional standards that it sets.  Indeed, as one of the most successful sports networks, ESPN should be and is held to the highest professional standards.  Racial slurs have no place in any professional setting, let alone a socially influential giant such as ESPN. 

I, along with millions of Chinese-Americans, look forward to your prompt action in this matter.  Thank you in advance!

Sincerely,

Francine

Full Name

Title

Address