Rod Laver says Federer is the GOAT (ZT)

来源: ERommel 2018-01-31 04:45:49 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2103 bytes)

Rod Laver often said that Roger Federer is the greatest tennis player of all time, but this time he offered a very interesting view on why he really is the GOAT.
'For me, I think Roger Federer is certainly the greatest player that has come along', said Laver, who watched the Swiss winning the Australian Open live, also getting emotional during the prize ceremony. 'Yes, we’ve got lots of great players — look at (Rafael) Nadal with a record that says ‘I’ve just won 10 French Opens’, and you can’t sort of push that under the mat. But I think Roger plays his greatest tennis on the big occasions, on any surface.'
'He’s stood the test of time — that’s probably the one thing that puts you in that category of the best ever. That’s one of the things that he has done. He loves the game, and everything he does around his life is somewhere related to all the great things he has done. It’s just unusual to see a wonderful champion like that be able to win at age 36 after seven tough matches. You just marvel at his tenacity and his floating ability on the court. He just seems like he’s floating all around the court — he’s not running. That’s something else. I marvel at the age of 36 to be playing, which I think in many ways is the best tennis that he’s played.'
'A few years ago he didn’t have that same backhand that he has now, his volleying ability at the net and around the court is always…you say to people ‘where did he learn all this?’, because when he was younger he stayed at the baseline. Now he’s shortening the points and that’s the difference in being able to hold your fitness level and have your legs strong for a long match. I thought last night…his forehand seemed to be just magical for the first two sets. It was something that you look at and think ‘how long can he do this?’. It’s pretty taxing on your energy level to play tennis at the top level.'

所有跟帖: 

Littlebear应该看看这贴,Laver也提到老费反牌的进步了 -hurr- 给 hurr 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 01/31/2018 postreply 09:16:10

网球界孩子最多的选手 -纯娱乐- 给 纯娱乐 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 02/03/2018 postreply 11:48:07

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”