This game feels like the TMac-Yao team playoffs again

来源: 2015-05-21 21:36:15 [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读:
Stars played great, but didn't get enough support from role players. You can't beat elite teams like that.

I don't usually give Harden a ton of credit, as his look (those beard) and his taste ( big behind strippers) are not my cup of tea. But he's been simply amazing these first 2 games in the conference final. He works hard on every single shot, and KT is heck of a defender, a very good two-way player.

I don't remember seeing James with that much energy and focus to finish every single play. He even tries on defense. What's on the stake is huge, and Harden plays like it. They were so close, and yet so far.

It doesn't seem to be fair that the game is lost that way - in James' hands. Maybe they coulda/shoulda have called a timeout, maybe James shouldn't have waited till the dead last second, could have simply put up a decent shot when there is chance or driven harder to the besket. But what happened happened, and I don't blame him at all. He's given his best, and he's at his best tonight.

Dwight wasn't 100% but he's still a huge factor, albeit I was hoping for more from him. He didn't have that power and athleticism to finish above the rim any more. Nowadays, even a D. Green can punk him.

None of the role players stepped up big. Smith was a pure negative with all those wild shots, no boxing out, no rebounds, no defensive effort, and silly TOs. Ariza worked hard on defense, but didn't contribute enough on offense. Same thing could be said for Terry and Brewer. Bench got completely outplayed tonight. TJ was better than game 1, but still not enough. Hopefully they will do better at home.

But the road is narrower and narrower, as they have to win 4 games out of next 5. This Warriors team is very deap, good at defense, has a pretty good coach, balanced roster, good two way players in KT, and Livingston/Green to some extend. On top of that, they have the fresh baked MVP dead-eye shooter in Steph Curry. But they are not invincible, if they get pounded inside, and if they fall behind, they will show their vulnerablity.

So, I still belive in Rockets for a remote chance to turn the table.

Go Rockets! Go James Harden! Go Dwight Howard!

I am crossing not only my fingers, but also all chopsticks at home.