Revolutionary Road (图)

来源: return_of_atlantis 2009-03-12 20:13:16 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (3231 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ return_of_atlantis ] 在 2010-09-28 08:04:20 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

Want to put down some words about it... but really what better words than these: Quotes from the movie: "Tell me the truth, Frank. Remember that? We used to live by it. And you know what's so good about the truth? Everyone knows what it is, however long they've lived without it. No one forgets the truth, Frank; they just get better at lying." - April (Kate Winslet) "For years I thought we've shared this secret that we would be wonderful in the world. I don't know exactly how, but just the possibility kept me hoping. How pathetic is that? So stupid. To put all your hopes in a promise that was never made." - April (Kate Winslet) Thoughts of April (page 261 of the book): And that was when she'd thought it through. So it hadn't been wrong or dishonest of her to say no this morning, when he asked if she hated him, any more than it had been wrong or dishonest to serve him the elaborate breakfast and to show the elaborate interest in his work and to kiss him goodbye. The kiss, for that matter, had been exactly right -- a perfectly fair, friendly kiss, a kiss for a boy you'd just met at a party, a boy who'd danced with you and made you laugh and walked you home afterwards, talking about himself all the way. The only real mistake, the only wrong and dishonest thing, was ever to have seen him as anything more than that. Oh, for a month or two, just for fun, it might be all right to play a game like that with a boy; but all these years! And all because, in a sentimentally lonely time long ago, she had found it easy and agreeable to believe whatever this one particular boy felt like saying, and to repay him for that pleasure by telling easy, agreeable lies of her own, until each was saying what the other most wanted to hear -- until he was saying "I love you" and she was saying "Really, I mean it, you're the most interesting person I've ever met." What a subtle, treacherous thing it was to let yourself go that way! Because once you'd started it was terribly difficult to stop; soon you were saying "I'm sorry, of course you're right," and "Whatever you think is best," and "You're the most wonderful and valuable thing in the world," and the next thing you know all honesty, all truth, was as far away and glimmering, as hopelessly unattainable as the world of the golden people. Then you discovered you were working at life the way the Laurel Players worked at "The Petrified Forest" or the way Steve Kovick worked at this drums -- earnest and sloppy and full of pretension and all wrong; you found you were saying yes when you meant no, and "We've got to be together in this thing" when you meant the very opposite; then you were breathing gasoline as if it were flowers and abandoning yourself to a delirium of love under the weight of a clumsy, grunting, red-faced man you didn't even like - Shep Campbell! - and then you were face to face, in total darkness, with the knowledge that you didn't know who you were. And how could anyone else be blamed for that?

所有跟帖: 

Nice to see you return. :) -不明则问- 给 不明则问 发送悄悄话 不明则问 的博客首页 (32 bytes) () 03/12/2009 postreply 20:52:31

here is the link, -return_of_atlantis- 给 return_of_atlantis 发送悄悄话 return_of_atlantis 的博客首页 (172 bytes) () 03/13/2009 postreply 06:14:13

Thanks!! -不明则问- 给 不明则问 发送悄悄话 不明则问 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 03/13/2009 postreply 07:29:57

有意思,你quote的那几句,当时我在看电影的的时候,印象就很 -清花瓷- 给 清花瓷 发送悄悄话 清花瓷 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 03/12/2009 postreply 20:56:56

en, i watched again after reading the book, -return_of_atlantis- 给 return_of_atlantis 发送悄悄话 return_of_atlantis 的博客首页 (133 bytes) () 03/13/2009 postreply 06:15:33

看来小说更好看。 -清花瓷- 给 清花瓷 发送悄悄话 清花瓷 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 03/12/2009 postreply 21:02:44

yeah, it's deeper, and more depressive. :D -return_of_atlantis- 给 return_of_atlantis 发送悄悄话 return_of_atlantis 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 03/13/2009 postreply 05:39:16

觉得小说更直接地描述April的问题,在跨坛看到这个影评, -好看?- 给 好看? 发送悄悄话 好看? 的博客首页 (1812 bytes) () 03/13/2009 postreply 05:12:26

en, 见仁见智,看了书,作者的角度不同, -return_of_atlantis- 给 return_of_atlantis 发送悄悄话 return_of_atlantis 的博客首页 (333 bytes) () 03/13/2009 postreply 06:21:16

about "见仁见智",nothing said it better than 王晓波's -return_of_atlantis- 给 return_of_atlantis 发送悄悄话 return_of_atlantis 的博客首页 (4535 bytes) () 03/13/2009 postreply 07:17:40

I C. It makes more sense now if Frank is talking about having he -好看?- 给 好看? 发送悄悄话 好看? 的博客首页 (448 bytes) () 03/13/2009 postreply 07:48:43

having her locked up. -好看?- 给 好看? 发送悄悄话 好看? 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 03/13/2009 postreply 07:58:08

agreed that she is not supposed to force Frank, -return_of_atlantis- 给 return_of_atlantis 发送悄悄话 return_of_atlantis 的博客首页 (1246 bytes) () 03/13/2009 postreply 13:30:14

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”