看到有人说没人提被打死的黑人,这里有一篇:

来源: 若初 2016-02-17 11:17:39 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (15183 bytes)

节选: (全文-http://www.buzzfeed.com/alexronan/the-life-and-death-of-akai-gurley#.sjQyerD84

In New York, he sold weed and crack cocaine. He was always a sharp dresser, and the money he earned allowed him to buy the sneakers and snapbacks he liked. Independently, multiple people interviewed said “Akai would give you his last.” At one point, Gurley crashed for a few months with his relative Raheem Kincaid, who lived with his wife and their kids. “One time we couldn’t make ends meet before we got food stamps again,” Kincaid told me, “I asked to borrow a little money just to get us by. Instead, he went out and bought enough food to fill all the cabinets. That’s the kinda guy he was.”

In 2006, at 19, Gurley was arrested on three separate occasions for dealing. (The NYPD declined to comment for this story, citing ongoing litigation.) In 2010, he was arrested again and subsequently served jail time. In the precinct’s holding cell he met Raymond “Gizz” Smith. Their court dates ended up on the same day, and Gurley waited for Gizz and Gizz’s friend David “YungStar” Walker outside. They exchanged numbers. “He actually came through, by himself. That was weird to me,” Gizz said, “I coulda been any dude. I coulda been trying to do something to him.” But he wasn’t, and Gurley soon joined the Annex Krew, a group of young men who promised to have one another’s backs no matter what.

Members of the Annex Krew. Alex Ronan / BuzzFeed News

Like most members of the Krew, YungStar grew up in East New York, Brooklyn, and came of age surrounded by violence. “My father used to say ‘Watch yourself’ every day before school,” YungStar told me. Other kids jumped him in sixth, seventh, and eighth grade. At 13, Deshawn “Redd” Johnson said he witnessed his first gang shoot-out and had his first police interaction. “They slammed me up, searched me. I was like, ‘Yo, I’m only in junior high school,’” he recalled. “I said, ‘You didn’t even read me my rights.’ The cop dead looked at me and told me, ‘You watch too much TV.’” Every Krew member had a similar story.

Gizz said that he and YungStar tested Gurley at first. “We told him, ‘Listen, you wanna be around us, you gotta throw on the boxing gloves.’ We always bring out boxing gloves,” he said, adding, “Kid knew how to fight. I wanted him around.” It was that simple. But Gurley quickly proved himself as something more than a good right hook. They called him Bless.

Bless was fiercely protective, but not in such a way that he became a liability; he wasn’t going to drag the whole Krew into an unnecessary and possibly dangerous fight. All of his friends praised his loyalty, saying it went beyond what you’d expect.

Gurley with his daughter Akaila. Courtesy Kimberly Ballinger

Around 2010, Gurley met Kimberly Ballinger, chatting her up on the sidewalk. The couple fell in love and he moved into her apartment in the Pink Houses. He was sweet, playful, and eager to spoil Kamiya, Ballinger’s 1-year-old daughter from a previous relationship. “I’d say ‘no’ and he’d say ‘yes,’” Ballinger remembered. Two years later, Ballinger got pregnant again. Gurley was beyond excited. He texted his sister, Akisha; told Gizz “You’re gonna be an uncle!”; and counted down the months. The baby, Akaila, was born with her father’s big forehead; he called her “My Little Twin” and took to spoiling her, too.

According to multiple members of the Krew, Bless was dealing at Pink Houses in 2013 when he caught the attention of the guys running the drug trade there. The men approached him and laid down a condition — either you deal with us, or you don’t deal here. They jumped him, pistol-whipping him in the face and splitting his ear. He showed up at Gizz’s house, crying.

“I told him, ‘You gotta fall back, [get a public housing] transfer,” Gizz said. “We can’t hit those dudes ’cause they’ll come right to your door.’” But Bless told Gizz right then it wouldn’t be possible, that he had to feed his daughter. Akaila was just a baby. So Gizz offered another suggestion. “I was like, ‘You want me to come over there?’ He said no ’cause he knew if I was coming, I wasn’t coming over there to play.” Bless didn’t want anyone getting hurt, so members of the Krew suggested he stop dealing for a while. But Bless didn’t stop. Soon after, the other group dealing at Pink Houses called in a fake order, and when Bless showed up at the apartment, they beat him up.

According to members of the Krew, the conflict didn’t intensify further, but Bless’s problems did. A few weeks later, he was arrested for dealing.

Courtesy Kim Ballinger

所有跟帖: 

一颗流弹都能击中一个毒贩, -nowdays- 给 nowdays 发送悄悄话 nowdays 的博客首页 (44 bytes) () 02/17/2016 postreply 11:32:02

那个楼里不是毒贩的可能不多 -CaoXinMa- 给 CaoXinMa 发送悄悄话 CaoXinMa 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 02/17/2016 postreply 11:39:20

要看比较对象。这个黑人男的虽然贩毒。比起周围的黑人已经很不错了。黑人人口80%的单亲家庭。接近一半的黑人孩子没见过自己爸爸或是不 -jasondand- 给 jasondand 发送悄悄话 jasondand 的博客首页 (227 bytes) () 02/17/2016 postreply 11:40:23

这是他们的BUSINESS,不这样拿不到福利。 -拓跋丝瓜- 给 拓跋丝瓜 发送悄悄话 拓跋丝瓜 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 02/17/2016 postreply 11:44:58

Girl friend. 他女友和孩子也叫单亲家庭 -Manymore- 给 Manymore 发送悄悄话 Manymore 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 02/17/2016 postreply 12:18:15

我老公前妻的表姐,一个白女,当年非要嫁个一个黑人。 -jasondand- 给 jasondand 发送悄悄话 jasondand 的博客首页 (575 bytes) () 02/17/2016 postreply 12:22:09

在那种地方毒贩是“成功人士”,估计有好几个小老婆。当然,地主也被人认为是成功人士。。。 -borisg- 给 borisg 发送悄悄话 borisg 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 02/17/2016 postreply 11:56:28

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”