I131 case update and new Qs

来源: syn 2015-03-27 20:48:43 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (4554 bytes)
This is the updated post to share our experience in my mom's I131 re-entry permit case.

FYI, Original post is @ http://bbs.wenxuecity.com/immigration/589552.html

Before sharing,  I have two new questions would like to get your inputs.

1. is it still the case, after the fingerprints taken, applicant can leave abroad before getting case's final decision?
I seems didn;t find any wordings reflect this saying.

2. Could my mom go to other local USCIS office rather than the one assigned by the notice letter? Even these offices are locates at different counties?

Now, please allow me to share our experience, hope may help others in the similar situation.

I did as what 863211 directed, marked "EXPEDITE" on top right corner of the form. 
The packet was mailed out by USPS priority mail on 3/16/15, recieved by USCIS by 3/18/15. 
According to the form fill instruction, even there in no request to submit the reason and explaination of why you need your case to be expedited, I still drafted a cover letter and the copy of our international airline ticket to show the fact.

I include my cover letter here for you as well:

"
Dear Sir/Mam:

My name is ###, I am the son of the applicant,###.
I would like to ask a big favor from you to expedite my mom’s application. I hope this will not cause too much burden on your side, even I totally understand you need to put a lot of efforts in order to help us out.

This is my entire fault, I messed up the flow. I forgot there is a fingering print requirement after the filling.  I thought as long as we filed and got receipt letter, my mom is OK to leave US. Based on this false understanding, I had already purchased our air tickets, (the ticket printout as appendix). I checked with the air carrier, now, doesn’t matter what we do, cancel/rebook, there are huge penalties, at least $200 of each ticket, and non avoidable higher ticket price later on as the travel season is going into peak season.

I hope you understand our desperations, and can expedite my mom’s application. 

I filled my contact infos in the form, here they are again:

###name
###cell phone
###email
###address

Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact me any time.

We are really grateful and appreciate your help!

Thank you very much,

Sincerely,

###

"

On 3/20/15, I received the notice letter !-797c, it was marked as 3/18/15. This meant the officer processed my mom's case on the same day it was received. According to the notice, the case was transfered from Arazona to Nebraska. 

Today 3/27/15, The finger print notice letter was here in my mail box. 

These passed several days were sure nerve cracking, but I am really grateful and happy to know we dont need to change the trip plan, this saved us from a lot of troubles.

Solute and big thanks to 863211 as always!

所有跟帖: 

Reply -863211- 给 863211 发送悄悄话 863211 的博客首页 (1570 bytes) () 03/28/2015 postreply 08:38:36

加跟帖:

• 标题:
  • 内容(可选项): [所见即所得|预览模式] [HTML源代码] [如何上传图片] [怎样发视频] [如何贴音乐]