老师,哦, 老师!

来源: 淡淡的日子 2018-05-05 06:26:55 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (7539 bytes)

这个星期的四,五天里,大儿子和小儿子同时遇到了有关老师的问题。大儿子学校的家长群里大家热聊好老师,坏老师的差异;小儿子的学校里这个星期是Teacher Appreciation Week。

大儿子家长群里家长们关于各个学科的老师的好与坏的讨论,多是基于自己孩子的反馈意见,所以时不时也会有争论。有的孩子觉得这个老师不错,很喜欢。但别的孩子却给同一个老师差评。我很好奇的问大儿子:“你有不喜欢的老师吗?”大儿子很肯定的回答:“不多,但有两个。一个是上学期的英文老师,一个是这学期的数学老师。”先生在旁边听到很讶异,问道:“据我所知,这两个老师的背景和水平都很高呀,为什么不喜欢?”大儿子说:“他们自己的水平是很高,教学内容也很丰富。但英文老师对学生没有热情,态度很冷淡。数学老师上课非常枯燥无趣。”

小儿子学校的教师感谢周每天都让孩子们以不同形式来表达对自己Room Teacher的感谢。周一带花,周二带老师爱吃的饼干,周三穿老师喜欢的颜色的衣服,周四给老师写感谢信。小儿子四天都按照要求做了,但好像又都不太情愿。昨天他写日记的时候,我提议他可以写写关于感谢老师的想法。本意是提醒他想想为什么要感谢老师,应该如何表达对老师的感谢。他却很痛快的来了一篇他自己的真实想法。

Teacher Appreciation Week is being celebrated at our school this week. I began wondering, what are we supposed to appreciate about our teacher? Well, first of all, we need to know what our teacher does for us. Our teacher teaches us, that’s for sure. What else? Teachers help us mature. They’re the ones that tell us to be polite and be respectful. But sometimes their plans to teach us backfire because they do what they say isn’t allowed. Like they say that you shouldn’t point at people. However, when the teacher is singling someone out, they point at you. Seriously, teachers, get your rules straight! And some of the adults might argue that they have the power to do that because they are adults. Here’s something that finds a loophole in that statement.
    In our school, there are posters that say “Stand up and speak for yourself!” The teachers tell the same exact thing to us. So I do stand up and speak. For example, if I think that the teacher is wrong about something, I tell her. One time, this math question told us to find a line of symmetry in a pair of scissors. The finger holes were even, and the cutting part was slightly open. (You can try this too. If your scissors don’t have even finger holes, then ignore them.) There clearly wasn’t a line of symmetry. The whole class thought so, but I was the only one that had the courage to speak up. I was doing what I was told to do. However, when I told the teacher that I thought that there wasn’t a line of symmetry, the teacher dismissed my opinion. She was like, “There is a line of symmetry. Now shoo!” Then when I tried to tell her that the whole class thought so, I got the same results.
    So what does this tell me? It tells me that either the teachers don’t care about the slogan, or that they are just plain rude. I’m not saying at all teachers are like this. My third grade teacher was much more open to ideas. However, this is my fourth grade teacher I’m talking about. So my fourth grade teacher should know even more about that! Another thing is that our teachers tell us that all people are all created equal. All people! So we should respect the adults and adults should respect us as well. However, my fourth grade teacher treats everyone like they're animals. Hello? Where did the rule go? So I’m wondering if we should even appreciate this type of teacher.

小儿子四年级,时常回来说不喜欢这学期的老师,因为老师对待学生不公平,言行不一致。

看来做个老师真难。面对一个班上十几个,甚至几十个孩子,想做到让每个孩子都喜欢,人人口中都称赞是好老师几乎不可能。孩子们无论年龄大小,高年级还是低年级,成熟还是幼稚,其实他们都有自己很清晰的对老师爱憎的判断。老师的专业水平是不是合格,人是不是有责任心,讲课是不是风趣,对待学生是不是公正,做人是不是温暖。。。等等,等等,这些有形或者无形的衡量标准都可能成为学生喜欢一个老师的缘由,或者厌恶一个老师的起因。不过,我倒是认为只要是能够为人师表,有责任心,懂得尊重学生,在业务方面不断积极进取的老师都是好老师。至于学生喜欢不喜欢,那真是非常主观的个人意识了。我对两个儿子一贯的要求是,无论在感情上如何不喜欢一位老师,都要本着尊重的态度认真跟老师学习。因为一个学生情感上的好恶,完全不是评价一个老师好坏的标准。

我从小长到大,在学校里混了不下十五年,遇到的老师用几个人的双手都数不过来。但最喜欢的老师只有两位,一位是小学一年级的语文老师兼班主任,另一位是初中的代数老师。有意思的是他们都姓“杜”,而且我之所以喜爱他们的原因都是因为他们长得像我的家人。小学的杜老师是一位椭圆脸,大眼睛的老太太,一头银发总是一丝不乱的盘在脑后,她从神态到体型都很像我的姥姥。而且那种弯着腰,歪着头认真听你说话的慈爱温暖的态度,总是让我不自觉的想停留在她的身边。初中的杜老师是一位中年的男子,长年累月穿一双瑞福祥的老头儿布鞋。走路的速度永远是不紧不慢,走路的形态永远是上身微微后倾,因为前面有一个不大不小的肚子。这位杜老师很像我的父亲,说话温和,治学严谨,数学课上的板书写的工工整整,有条有理。虽然为人很严肃,但偶尔讲个笑话却能让人捧腹大笑到肚子疼。(我在《戏说中年妇女》里面写的就是他给我们讲的笑话,至今仍让我记忆犹新。)每次上数学课,仰望着讲台上那个微微发福的,和蔼的中年男老师,我总有一种错觉是在家里听爸爸给我讲美术史。

喜欢一位老师的原因真的可以各种各样,你爱她生动风趣的讲课内容,我可能只是因为她的脸上有颗痣,长得像我二婶。所以只要我们都懂得尊重,那喜欢与否就随意吧!

更多我的博客文章>>>
请您先登陆,再发跟帖!