【电影配音活动】Lions for Lambs - XZ / AspenL 版

来源: 2011-03-15 12:19:43 [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读:

期待您的批评指正。

Jasper Irving: This is the fight that we're in, unfortunately civilizations do not sustain themselves through non-violent response.

Janine Roth: What does that mean? Are you going to now forgo diplomacy in the state department treaty...?

Jasper Irving: We were attacked. You do not respond to an attack with diplomacy. Bin Laden's idea of diplomacy is not filming the beheadings. Saddam violated 16 UN resolutions and the UN responded by issuing 30-plus sternly worded statements condemning his behavior. All the while, France, China and Russia continued to trade with Saddam under the table.

Janine Roth: And didn't we also arm Saddam in the '80s?

Jasper Irving: But here we are now.

Janine Roth: Yes, here we are now. And don't you think it might be critical to examine how we got to this point?

Jasper Irving: How and why is not the issue now. We have to move forward. We're fighting a brand of evil that thinks the last 1300 years of human progress is heresy punishable by violent death. Now, if that something to you don't feel should be wiped in the phase of ...

Janine Roth: me, I, I would like to see Bin Laden dead and gone as much as anybody, but I just don't understand how you cannot want to look at the past, not think it's critical.

Jasper Irving: What is critical, what is relevant, is the implementation of a new strategy that will win this war, a war we cannot lose.

Janine Roth: But we're not winning it.

Jasper Irving: Yet. This new strategy can change that.

Janine Roth: How about a strategy to bring the troops home?

Jasper Irving: So leave.

Janine Roth: That's not an option!