Thanks for your informative reply.

来源: 2009-01-06 19:59:50 [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读:

BJ #2,

Thank you very much for spending the time in writing such a detailed response. I appreicate your sharing your thoughts with us.

I raised the questions for I was thinking if it really matters to spend a lot of times trying to totally get rid of our accent. One case is that many India people have very strong accent which is hard for me to understand. However, they can speak English fluently and the americans seem to understand them very well. So I have been thinking should we spend the time in reading, writing etc instead to put us in a situation that will force us to think in English rather than in practicing the simple sentences. I felt one of the reasons we don't speak English well is that we have not been able to think just in English yet. In many cases, we think in Chinese and try to translate our thoughts into English. That surely prevents us from speaking Englihs fluently.

You have any thoughts in this area that you don't mind to share with us as well? ( No need to reply if you are busy.)

Thanks again and wish you a great year too.

YuGong