APAD: Give credit where credit is due

来源: 2024-03-26 05:52:07 [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读:

The phrase “give credit where credit is due” is attributed to Samuel Adams in a letter he wrote in the late 18th century. But his sentiment is as strong today as it was then.

It's an expression that means that you should praise someone when they deserve it, although you might dislike some things about them.  Also respectful leaders know how integral it is to give staff credit when good work is completed. Not only does it enhance the collaborative effort of the team but it strengthens the leader. A leader willing to demonstrate ethical behavior will likely be in higher favor.

- Credit to google search engine 鬼脸
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I never had a chance nor the position to take credit from others (other than hubby's credit card, haha), but I had one unfortunate experience at work of having credit taken away from me.  Looking back, it wasn't me who really suffered in the end.  Regardless, hope none of you ever need to experience that. 

Picture from another Sunday and another bike ride (view towards the Strait of Juan de Fuca):