铲后综合征,post-shovel syndrome

来源: 2022-12-11 20:36:52 [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读:

The first snow fall has officially arrived for this winter; first time shovel snow. I'd like to mention the post-shovel syndrome.

Post-shovelling syndrome occurs mostly in cold northern regions,mostly seen in adult males. The root cause could be excessive snowfall and physical exertion; clinical manifestations like sored back and back pain, and depression.

Like me, I want to put all the vehicles in the garage, there is no room for a snowblower, I have to shovel snow every time. I must have the garden shed project done next year to store all the tools. From years of snow shoveling I had summed up a few ideas in alleviating post-shovel syndrome.

1. Use the right tool: snow pusher &snow shovel; the left one is a pusher, pusher as the name implies, push, not shovel. ; the right one is a shovel, only to pick up and toss; if you mix them up, either you have to pick up extra load , or consume more time, the result is extra energy consumption.
If you want you can use a pusher to shovel snow, but it can be too heavy, and you can also use a shovel to push snow, but at at low efficiency. I would rather use a pusher to push the snow into a pile as possible, and then switch to the shovel to chew the snow pile down.

2.  syndrome 2: feeling depressed,, when you have just cleaned the driveway, and then the city snowplow comes to clean the street and destroys the fruits of your hard labor instantly. In this regard, if you can't wait for snowplow to clean the streets first, just be mentally prepared, leave it alone near  the end of your driveway, and wait until the snowplow is over. Even the street was just snowplowed, still not safe, it may come again several times.  And now there comes another snow fall will last for several days and nights in a row. If the snow is completely over, I am afraid that it won't be able to be removed. I have to brave the heavy snow to remove the half on the ground, and then remove the other half when it stops completely. This situation cannot but be frustrating.

So far I still possess a playful mind about snow shovelling, if got really bored or out of stamina, better off with a snowblower or hire someone. Although it is a bit troublesome to deal with snow in winter, this silver world can indeed bring a lot of fun, which is the only thing we can show off to our school mates in the south

Today's cell phone photo: It started snowing yesterday afternoon, much lighter this evening, hasn't stopped though.

P1010033
2.  Snow fun, the snowstorm of yesteryear

P1010032-2
3. Snow fun, the snowstorm of yesteryear
P1010015
7. Snow fun, the snowstorm of yesteryear

P1010062

P1010064
9. Yesteryear's Christmas lights tour, wish the same White Chrismas this year

P1010051
10. Yesteryear's Christmas lights tour, wish the same White Chrismas this year

P1010056