【E龙接故事】A Sales Receipt

来源: 2022-11-28 19:12:05 [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读:

"I...touch screen...no receipt...a receipt please..."

A senior citizen with an Asian appearance was struggling to get his message across, only to be rebuked by the busy manager:

"Sir, you get a receipt only when you pay at the cashier counter."

Frankly, this manager was lying to his customer's face. I couldn't go on finishing my coffee. Gently but firmly, I reminded the manager that his customer was entitled to a sales receipt. Stone-faced now, the manager came up with the requested receipt in a matter of seconds. 

I ventured to ask the senior citizen if he came from the Chinese-speaking world, judging from his accent. Before we knew it, we started a conversation in Putonghua. I wondered aloud if he wanted to file a complaint with the Golden Arches. He nodded, hesitantly though. I took it as a yes. I then walked him through the app and translated his complaint into English. 

I was impressed by the complainant who just laid out the facts precisely and concisely, avoiding emotion-loaded words. We met again in the same Golden Arches a couple of weeks later. He showed me a stored-value card courtesy of the Golden Arches and offered to buy me a coffee. I declined, smiling.

---renqiulan