Pippo

来源: 胡华泠 2018-02-28 12:02:04 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (8804 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 胡华泠 ] 在 2018-04-02 04:40:15 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

Pippo

Sha Yan

Pippo is a black man. He is 28 years old and unmarried. As a single, he lives with his parents, and Pippo has a sister. He is well educated and works in industry as a mail man. He doesn’t have a lot of interests, and in his private time, he loves to watch American movies, specifically action movies.

Pippo lives in Canada. He lived in Canada all his life, his family is from Haiti and he never went to US before even though he wanted to pay a visit someday.

Pippo is handsome, he has a round face and he always shaves his chin clean. He shaves everyday. Here Pippo is, wearing a very nice clean shirt with a sleek pair of Levis jeans, and a pair of sleek white sneakers. He sincerely smiled at me, with a little shy and low voice,

“Sir, how much would this cost, I mean the whole lesson?”

I stood up and closed the office door, with a obviously can see little slit open, and I turned around the office desk and sat down,

“Two hundred and forty dollars, for two hundred and forty dollars Canadian, you can have the full ten Taichi lessons.”

“Two hundred and forty dollars, oh?” he timidly wondered.

“There is a graduation Chinese meal included that you must pay for, thirty dollars in value.” I promptly added.

“I will think, I will think……” he said.

“I will take it.” He thought about it for three seconds.

I did the receipt, passed to the black man, and he paid me the full two hundred forty dollars in large bills. The black opened the office door and went out.

The office girl sitting behind the desk was with her computer, and she pieced at Pippo when he went out. Pippo saw it and took ease.

Pippo is excited, he will have this martial art lessons, starting next Saturday.

Pippo is watching Karate kid. His mom yelled, “Pippo, the TV is too loud.”

“OK, ma.”

His room is messy, there is a couple of magazines lying in his bed. He stood up from his sofa and turned down the volume, went back to the sofa, still watching. There is a big basketball in a bracket beside his sofa.

Pippo graduated from the Taichi class.

It was year 1991, the economy around the globe is very significantly good. They just released Terminator II. Pippo watched the movie in the Cineplex Odeon.

Tom, Pippo’s boss, his administrator asked Pippo a lot these days on his duties. Pippo is busy. He always do what Tom told him to do.

Pippo practices Taichi sometimes, he mainly did it in the central park. He tried to precisely follow what his master told him and make the moves. Some black artists in the city knows Pippo and his practice. They teased the guy. And Pippo pretty much take it very easy, he teases them too.

Tom likes Pippo, his character is like a black cheetah, very fast and neat. Tom, in other word, is not a significant guy in character. Tom thinks he is important.

“Pippo, you do martial arts now, do you like swords, Chinese swords?” Tom asked.

“Sword is too much for me.” Pippo responded.

“Nah……” Tom sipped his coffee and made the sound in the office.

That winter is nearly finished. His life is like usual, Pippo is another year older.

Pippo likes Chinese food a lot, since he is very young. Once in a while, he always goes to Chinatown in the city to eat Chinese food. He continued to practice Taichi, in the central park. He remembers what Tom said to him last time, the Chinese swords. And as he said, he will not get a sword as a Chinese sword is too much for him. He eventually practiced Taichi in a more specifically precise movements. Pippo is a easy guy.

The following year is not a nice year in economy, global wide, companies laying off people. The global recession was on.

Pippo was still, in his movements of Taichi, he tried to be rigid, but he remembers what his master told him, to go smooth. He followed his master’s suit.

“You can practice pretty quick in Taichi, right?” Tom asked Pippo in the office when they are having the coffee break.

“No, the master said take it slow.” Pippo responded with a caution.

“Nah, Taichi is not much, you watch Bruce Lee? That’s Kong Fu.” Tom added.

“I am not Bruce Lee.” Pippo said and smiled.

Pippo think Tom is mad, very mad, asking him to practice Taichi is a fast move.

“Tom does not know anything about Kong Fu.” Pippo murmured and shook him head.

That year went on. Pippo started to go less to Chinatown, practiced less Taichi. When he would like to go, he still go. He still remember the master’s suit, the movements, the smoothness of the Taichi Kong Fu.

Sad, now Pippo is married, have a son and a daughter, his beautiful wife is proud of him, he is still working as a mail man. But he forgot everything about his Taichi movements, he remembers the story, master’s suit of Taichi that Taichi must go smooth. Pippo is forty five years old now.

所有跟帖: 

想了下,有补加一小段 -胡华泠- 给 胡华泠 发送悄悄话 胡华泠 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 04/02/2018 postreply 04:41:17

加跟帖:

• 标题:
  • 内容(可选项): [所见即所得|预览模式] [HTML源代码] [如何上传图片] [怎样发视频] [如何贴音乐]