Remembering the Alexandrov Ensemble (2) - Olga Orlovskaya

来源: 井龙和 2017-03-24 20:00:04 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (3407 bytes)

One of the organizers of the charity concert at the Russian embassy remembering the perished Alexandrov Ensemble was Russian born soprano Olga Orlovskaya. A graduate from the Russian Academy of Music, Olga Orlovskaya started her singing career in the year 2008 and has performed as a soloist and opera singer in concerts and operas in many major European and American cities since. She is elegant, energetic and expressive, with a rich voice that is enchanting to her audiences. She did a superb job performing at the charity concert. But that was not my first time to see her at a live concert. Just a few months ago, as a special guest,  she performed at a concert held by a local Chinese amateur performing arts ensemble. I was in the audience of that concert, and was very much impressed by her talent. I was very excited to hear a Russian vocal artist singing "Moscow Nights" live for the first time.

Although Olga Orlovskaya has gained international fame, a quick google search can tell you that most of the time her name does not stand on its own. In many cases her name is associated with the name Feodor Chaliapin. Such association exists for a good reason: Feodor Chaliapin is Olga Orlovskaya's great grandfather, and was the world's best bass in his time. Feodor Chaliapin died in 1938, but his talent still runs in the family tree. Listening to Olga Orlovskaya's singing is amazing. The apple does not fall far from the tree.

Feodor Chaliapin - "Song of the Volga Boatmen"

Feodor Chaliapin lived in France for many years after 1921. This is his singing of the Marseillaise

Great singer Feodor Chaliapin and great composer Sergei Rachmaninoff

Image result for Feodor Chaliapin and Sergei Rachmaninoff

And, our Olga Orlovskaya (she is now a U.S. citizen and lives in the same county as we do)

所有跟帖: 

Nice songs and good introduction,thanks 井龙和 for sharing,have a n -南山松- 给 南山松 发送悄悄话 南山松 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 03/25/2017 postreply 18:04:22

加跟帖:

• 标题:
  • 内容(可选项): [所见即所得|预览模式] [HTML源代码] [如何上传图片] [怎样发视频] [如何贴音乐]